Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Just now, FuturePA2021 said:

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find that thread either. We need to liven up this one.

Anyhow,  @futurePAeryka, how was the info session? I went to one last year.

It was awesome! I really loved the school and the welcoming environment. EVMS is definitely my #1 choice! I'm very excited to apply. However, I am taking a few classes post grad, so I am waiting until late December when the final grades are posted to submit. I want those classes to be included in my last 40 credits GPA recalculation!

3 minutes ago, futurePAeryka said:

It was awesome! I really loved the school and the welcoming environment. EVMS is definitely my #1 choice! I'm very excited to apply. However, I am taking a few classes post grad, so I am waiting until late December when the final grades are posted to submit. I want those classes to be included in my last 40 credits GPA recalculation!

I love EVMS also and it's my number 1 choice as well! I'm in the same boat as you...still taking classes and applying late December.

• 3 weeks later...

I would get those up a lot more if possible. You do not have to have all materials in until March 1st which gives you time. They really focus on community involvement.

10 minutes ago, ilygurlie said:

Can someone kindly tell me if I should bother applying to this program?

undergrad total: 3.35

sgpa: 3.10

last 40: 3.93

Pre req: 3.85

400 volunteer hours. 2200 hours as a CNA. reside in NC. 100 hours shadowing.

I'm thinking my volunteer hours is too low?

• 4 weeks later...
Question- If I took Anatomy and Physiology I and II and recieved a C+ in Part I, what should I do? I graduated college three years ago and have been working as a dietitian since.  Should I take Part 1 over at a community college? 

I'm in the same boat and I am retaking A&P I right now so it will be done by December so I can apply this cycle. On the supplemental application it will not let you added a grade lower than a B-! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, ilygurlie said:

Can someone kindly tell me if I should bother applying to this program?

undergrad total: 3.35

sgpa: 3.10

last 40: 3.93

Pre req: 3.85

400 volunteer hours. 2200 hours as a CNA. reside in NC. 100 hours shadowing.

I'm thinking my volunteer hours is too low?

Your volunteer hours are fine lol. My grades are slighty better but I got into EVMS with essentially 0 volunteer hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Is this the thread for the 2017-2018 application cycle??

I havent submitted my application because they don't conduct rolling admissions, and they usually wait until all applications are received and ranked and then they start sending interview invites. I havent done so because I am trying to see if I get accepted into other programs and save the money for the application. Any thoughts if this is a good move? Or should I go ahead and submit my application in CASPA?

Hey all,

Is this the thread for the 2017-2018 application cycle??
I havent submitted my application because they don't conduct rolling admissions, and they usually wait until all applications are received and ranked and then they start sending interview invites. I havent done so because I am trying to see if I get accepted into other programs and save the money for the application. Any thoughts if this is a good move? Or should I go ahead and submit my application in CASPA?

Well it depends if you are really interested in going to EVMS or if it’s just a back up school. Evms accepts applications until March so you still have time. If you look at the bigger picture, the application fee is just a small price to pay for your future. The more schools you apply to, the better your chances are for an interview. Evms is a phenomenal program and highly ranked, you can’t go wrong with them if you were accepted :). Good luck!

Anybody know when they will start sending interview invites?

Well this year (for class of 2020) they sent out interviews within the first 2 weeks of June. Interviews were mid-end of July. They offered acceptances the first week of August. They interviewed everyone in one weekend which was nice. It was a horrible waiting period knowing that interviews were about a year after applying, but once you get an interview and acceptance it’s worth the wait! :)... good luck

• 1 month later...

For those who already applied. After I submit my CASPA application do I automatically go and submit the supplemental app or am I going to get some sort of go ahead from EVMS that my CASPA app has been received and I should go ahead an submit the supplemental application. Thanks In advance!

Archived