TENNESSEE: University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) 2017-2018 Cycle

Also, like someone previously said, the interview is 1 candidate with 2 or 3 interviewers. I suggest you acquaint yourself well with your resume and be ready to talk through your unique experiences. There were no surprise questions, they were just stuff to try to better get to know you. Don't stress it.

4 hours ago, MudIslander said:

Just curious, who told you they meet on the 30th? Did they say for sure that we would hear back before the 4th of July?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ, the director of admissions is the one who told us that. And he said we should know by the 4th, unless the dean holds the list up for some reason. I'm hoping for the email tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2017 at 11:07 AM, Kteel said:

Hey Guys!

I am a current UT first year PA student and wanted to see if anyone has questions? I went through this last year and it was one of the better interviews. The director of admission is fantastic and will put you at ease if you are nervous. Feel free to contact me about interviews, where to live or just basic questions about interviews in general. One of the second years did this last year and it helped me so I hope I can help you guys!

Kayce

Hey kayce! Thanks for your help! I am interviewing this Friday! It is my first interview so it will be a new experience I am nervous but very excited! I have never been to Memphis so excited for that experience too! Any tips on the interview or the area? How do you like the school and program?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jdubbs said:

Interviewed in June and did not get an email today. I am guessing no one else did as well?

Nope :/, should be any day though. We were told at our session the adcomm was meeting the 30th and they were shooting to have their decisions out by the 4th (I'm assuming he didn't take into account the holiday falling when it did). 

20 hours ago, ldarmst said:

Nope, if nothing by tomorrow afternoon I may call and see if I can get a general idea of when they are planning to send them out... especially since their original goal kinda fell through, lol.

If you call please let us know what they say! 

So I just got off the phone with them and she said that apparently a lot of people didn't come in to work around the holiday which delayed the meeting and decision making. She said to give it till Wednesday or Thursday of next week, if we still haven't heard anything to give them another call. 

So I just got off the phone with them and she said that apparently a lot of people didn't come in to work around the holiday which delayed the meeting and decision making. She said to give it till Wednesday or Thursday of next week, if we still haven't heard anything to give them another call. 

Thank you!

21 minutes ago, ldarmst said:

Thanks for the update. I just noticed that I was never charged for the uber we shared. PM me your PayPal email and what I owe you so I can pay you back. 

On 7/7/2017 at 3:41 PM, ldarmst said:

Thanks so much for calling. Did they say if the adcomm had met or not? 

Just received an call from Kristopher Maday offering me a spot, very excited! He said that emails will be going out soon with more details. I'd love to hear from any current students, any advice or things that you would do differently would be greatly appreciated. I know people like to hear stats from accepted folks, and although I don't have mine right in front of me the bottom line is that my GPA is below their average but GRE and HCE are both above average.