FLORIDA: University of South Florida 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello everyone,

I interviewed on 10/11 after rescheduling due to the hurricane, and received an acceptance call from Dr. Wills on Tuesday 10/17. USF is my top choice, so I'm stoked to have this opportunity!

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing, or awaiting a decision.

Accepted! Interviewed Oct. 19, got a call the next day!

My GPA is on the lower end (sGPA 3.18, cGPA 3.34) but I made up for it with healthcare experience, my essay, letters of recommendations, and lots of practice interviewing so I came in confident and prepared. Just want to show an example that GPA isn't everything and they really look at you as a person and what kind of clinician you will be. Everybody was extremely nice and looks like a great program!

Submitted my app June 18, got the invite sometime late September.

30 minutes ago, GFprePA said:

My GPA is on the lower end (sGPA 3.18, cGPA 3.34) but I made up for it with healthcare experience, my essay, letters of recommendations, and lots of practice interviewing so I came in confident and prepared. Just want to show an example that GPA isn't everything and they really look at you as a person and what kind of clinician you will be. Everybody was extremely nice and looks like a great program!

30 minutes ago, GFprePA said:

Do you mind me asking your stats? 

15 hours ago, nvocgka said:

Do you mind me asking your stats? 

GRE 307, writing 4.0. About 2500hrs working as a medical scribe and medical assistant. Volunteer ~120 hours.  ~100 hrs of research for a senior thesis in my Bio major. ~100 hrs shadowing PAs and lots of hours shadowing physicians in the OR. I think also despite me having a low GPA my grade improved a lot towards the end of my undergrad and in the classes I took after graduation. So there was a positive trend which helps!

[mention=142878]DianaUSF[/mention] [mention=138447]baoxhoang[/mention]
I think you both got accepted around the same time as me.. I'm wondering if either of you have received anything in the mail yet? I got the initial congratulations email but nothing since then. 

Yes. I received an envelope in the mail yesterday with some forms we have to sign and instructions to pay the seat deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been waitlisted by USF yet? I'm not feeling too hopeful about an acceptance since it seems the calls went out for my session and a couple after mine already. I'm holding out hope for a waitlist spot, but not sure if they would send those out via e-mail or a letter. Just curious if anyone has any input :)

16 minutes ago, MeganKB said:

Has anyone been waitlisted by USF yet? I'm not feeling too hopeful about an acceptance since it seems the calls went out for my session and a couple after mine already. I'm holding out hope for a waitlist spot, but not sure if they would send those out via e-mail or a letter. Just curious if anyone has any input :)

I don’t think they have sent out rejections or wait lists yet. I interviewed on 9/21 which was this first week of interviews and I haven’t heard anything good or bad.

Just got my acceptance call from Dr. Wills! Came down from Boston to interview 10/17. I couldn't be more excited. 

Submitted 6/28. Received interview invite 8/31.

GPA: 3.48, sGPA 3.29,

GRE: 161V 168Q,

6500 hrs as a medical tech/clinical research assistant

Archived