2017-2018 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

On 9/1/2017 at 0:26 AM, davidccs said:

Dont be discouraged if your waitlisted, quite a few of my classmates were wait listed at first (specially the ones in the early interview dates) and then got accepted towards the end of the year. I think the school may do that to build a bank of potential students before making final decisions.

By the way that you are saying it, do you mean that after all the interviews are conducted, there will be few seats open just to review the people who were waitlisted (especially the early interviewees like you have mentioned) or do you mean that the seat will be filled but there were more interviewees in the early who got accepted to the seat that other accepted students drop out of?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, AspiringPA21 said:

When they state average undergrad cumulative and science GPA on their website do they not include post-bacc courses? Do they only look at undergrad GPA and not overall cumulative and science?

I would imagine that they look at post-grad GPA

23 minutes ago, padream127 said:

By the way that you are saying it, do you mean that after all the interviews are conducted, there will be few seats open just to review the people who were waitlisted (especially the early interviewees like you have mentioned) or do you mean that the seat will be filled but there were more interviewees in the early who got accepted to the seat that other accepted students drop out of?

No, I mean that theyll have a few rounds of interviews while placing the majority on a waitlist, once they have a general idea of what kind of candidate are applying theyll start pulling from the waitlist while still conducting interviews.

I can see that they wouldnt want to accept the first 20 candidates and miss out on later candidates that may be more in line with what they look for.

Also keep in mind that I am in no way associated with the admissions process, the information I give is based on what other students have talked about (for example, people that were very qualified being placed on the waitlist initially)

35 minutes ago, haleycmaxwell said:

Interview scheduled for sept 14th but I live in FL and nervous I won't be able to make it due to the possibility of hurricane Irma. Anyone else traveling from Florida for that interview date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are able to make it. Have you tried to contact the school to see if you can reschedule?

@akemp7777 

Hopefully it isn't anything to be concerned about!

Just to make sure, you did actually submit through CASPA, and paid the fee correct? If this was your first application, then it should have been around 140-ish dollars I think.

If so, and your application was verified on 08/29, then PCOM will probably be sending you an email with directions for the supplemental application in the next few days. I submitted my application around 07/10 ish and received the email for the supplemental application on 07/17, and received an invitation to interview on 07/21. There were around 5-7 business days between my submission and the email with the supplemental application link. 

For you, it's only been 4 business days due to Labor Day. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it until perhaps Monday!

I hope this helps alleviate some stress!

- Zach

[mention=142177]akemp7777[/mention] 

Hopefully it isn't anything to be concerned about!
Just to make sure, you did actually submit through CASPA, and paid the fee correct? If this was your first application, then it should have been around 140-ish dollars I think.
If so, and your application was verified on 08/29, then PCOM will probably be sending you an email with directions for the supplemental application in the next few days. I submitted my application around 07/10 ish and received the email for the supplemental application on 07/17, and received an invitation to interview on 07/21. There were around 5-7 business days between my submission and the email with the supplemental application link. 

For you, it's only been 4 business days due to Labor Day. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it until perhaps Monday!

I hope this helps alleviate some stress!

- Zach

I actually got the email shortly after posting here:) yay! Only, it's empty in the box where it says if they've received a LOR from a PA, but I did submit one. Maybe they haven't put it in yet? This is my second time applying so I'm just comparing everything to how it was last year and I'm pretty sure everything was already in there when I got the email.

Congrats on getting an interview!

On 9/5/2017 at 11:57 AM, haleycmaxwell said:

Interview scheduled for sept 14th but I live in FL and nervous I won't be able to make it due to the possibility of hurricane Irma. Anyone else traveling from Florida for that interview date?

I was able to reschedule my interview with the school, they may do the same for you.

Hey guys! 

I just had my interview today. If I can give you any advice at all, I'd say just relax. The program does a great job with giving you the opportunity to talk to other interviewees as well as faculty and break the ice before actually interviewing. By the time the interview comes around, you'll feel much more comfortable than when you first arrived on campus. 

I dont feel like I did the best job during my interview as I didn't answer the questions as well as I had hoped, but I'm extremely hard on myself. I also may have answered a bit too quickly without thinking first. Dont be afraid to think for a second before answering!

Best of luck to everyone! Now it's a waiting game!

17 minutes ago, zrader said:

Hey guys! 

I just had my interview today. If I can give you any advice at all, I'd say just relax. The program does a great job with giving you the opportunity to talk to other interviewees as well as faculty and break the ice before actually interviewing. By the time the interview comes around, you'll feel much more comfortable than when you first arrived on campus. 

I dont feel like I did the best job during my interview as I didn't answer the questions as well as I had hoped, but I'm extremely hard on myself. I also may have answered a bit too quickly without thinking first. Dont be afraid to think for a second before answering!

Best of luck to everyone! Now it's a waiting game!

Thanks for your advice.i haven't actually received an interview with any schools but I do take all the advice and pray I will be ready when granted the opportunity. I'm sure you did well. Good luck 

@zrader is spot on - they create a very comfortable atmosphere and provide useful information about how the next few years may look. 

I also didn't do as well as I would've liked to during my interview. I was a bit intimidated by having 2 interviewers and got super nervous, causing me to not think through my answers thoroughly.

Apparently they have received over 2000 applications so far so be patient and good luck to everyone!! 

12 minutes ago, ama6051 said:

@zrader is spot on - they create a very comfortable atmosphere and provide useful information about how the next few years may look. 

I also didn't do as well as I would've liked to during my interview. I was a bit intimidated by having 2 interviewers and got super nervous, causing me to not think through my answers thoroughly.

Apparently they have received over 2000 applications so far so be patient and good luck to everyone!! 

Is this 2,000 for PCOM GA campus or for both GA and PA campus?

Archived