2017-2018 Cycle ISU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2017 at 10:00 AM, ellendiane27 said:

So after sending in my application I got an email saying my file score was a 4.86 and that they were currently only reviewing applications with a file score of 5 or higher. Is it worth it to complete my secondary application with them seeing as how they may not even consider me? 

Hey There, I would definitely submit everything. There is always a chance. My file score was 5.02 last year and I didnt get an interview invite until Mid Jan. My score was much lower than the initial review score. And I got in! So never count yourself out. Keep at it. They keep lowering the score and send out interviews over a few months. 

17 hours ago, moosegod said:

Does anyone's graduate application still say materials needed under application status when they go see the checklist? Everything has been sent and received but mine still says that.

Mine still says Materials Needed too, and everything has been sent and received.

12 hours ago, menehunemed said:

Does anyone know if it would more advantageous to interview earlier in the cycle or do they interview everyone and then consider everyone equally at the end? 

They will send out "early seat offers" if your combined file score with interview is above the initial threshold. The file score will go down as they interview more people. I would say interview as early as you can (you will know where you stand sooner) but, the determining factor is dependent on the file score they set so I don't think that there is any advantage to interviewing early other than knowing where you stand and possibly getting an early seat offer (as early as November).

Hope that helps,

Don

4 hours ago, Sanfordd said:

They will send out "early seat offers" if your combined file score with interview is above the initial threshold. The file score will go down as they interview more people. I would say interview as early as you can (you will know where you stand sooner) but, the determining factor is dependent on the file score they set so I don't think that there is any advantage to interviewing early other than knowing where you stand and possibly getting an early seat offer (as early as November).

Hope that helps,

Don

Ahhh I see. That does help. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, deluxepickle said:

Hi everyone!

I also have an interview with ISU (file score 5.7) ! To those of you who got phone calls confirming your interview dates-- did you check every box on the Moodle link to indicate 100% completion, or did you just submit the questionnaires?

Congrats and good luck to all PA hopefuls!

Dang! Nice file score. I submitted the questionnaires and checked all the boxes, but it still only says 95%. I asked Ann Smalley about it but she never responded. It seems to be a common issue though so I wouldn't worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived