2017-2018 Cycle ISU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, malaquisa said:

Hey all ! 

I was wondering if any of you knew what "you are number __ in review" meant. Say, I'm number 3 on the list, does that mean I'm 3/72 and will be offered a spot? 

Thanks!!

Did you already have an interview? If so, I know being "in review" means you're not given an acceptance yet, but will be ranked along with the other applicants that are in review when all the interviews are over in February. I'm not sure what the number means though.

1 hour ago, menehunemed said:

Did you already have an interview? If so, I know being "in review" means you're not given an acceptance yet, but will be ranked along with the other applicants that are in review when all the interviews are over in February. I'm not sure what the number means though.

Hi ! Yeah, I had an interview. I just emailed Ann so I’ll let you know if I get an answer :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, stephanieerin said:

Could anybody share some insight into how you are making/have made your decision for ranking your preference of campus? I am not from the area and would appreciate any and all input :) I'm interviewing 1/23 in Meridian

If you look on past forums under Idaho State, some of the current/past students have given an in depth description of each campus. Might have to do some digging but there is some good info!

Could anybody share some insight into how you are making/have made your decision for ranking your preference of campus? I am not from the area and would appreciate any and all input :) I'm interviewing 1/23 in Meridian

I chose Meridian because it’s located near Boise which will make it easier for my wife to find work/us to find housing (we have a dog which limits rental options). Pocatello comes with a lot of outdoor activities (not that Boise doesn’t) and more of a college vibe as you’re actually on a college campus. Pocatello is noticeably smaller though, which comes with challenges for families- ie daycares, work, housing etc. I didn’t want to attend Caldwell as I want a larger class size and don’t want to have to commute for anatomy labs but several of the Caldwell students I spoke to really like their class, as well.

I think, for me at least, between Meridian and Pocatello it came down to which city I wanted to live in, not necessarily which campus I preferred. Good luck on your interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, erinh said:

Is anyone having an issue where they have heard nothing from programs?

I had a couple schools that were super slow to get back to me (way after other people were offered interviews) even though I applied nearly as soon as CASPA opened. But I eventually was offered one and will be going there this May! I think they offer the interviews to the people they really want and might offer more if they go through the majority of their interviews and are still looking for more people. They might not want to offer you an interview right now but don't want to tell you no either so don't lose hope! 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!  

I interviewed today and my application is currently "In-Review."  For those who have been accepted, just curious as to the interview scores you received.  I know this might be a little personal, so if you want to send me a private message that would be super helpful.  I'm trying to get a sense of how my score measures up to the general average.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived