2017-2018 Cycle ISU

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/21/2017 at 2:47 PM, boli said:

Yup, I got my file score this past week as well. Hoping to fill out the "supplemental" soon though! I wonder if they will start out reviewing at 5.19 like last year

Do you have any idea when the supplemental can be filled out? I'm trying to do it now, but it wouldn't let me fill out the term information. Stating no term available.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:27 AM, Crusading Angel said:

Do you have any idea when the supplemental can be filled out? I'm trying to do it now, but it wouldn't let me fill out the term information. Stating no term available.

The graduate school application (supplemental app) isn't available yet. Ann said that she would e-mail out when it becomes available, but she didn't really specify how soon that would happen. Hopefully soon

On 7/12/2017 at 9:55 PM, boli said:

yes, you have to send your scores to the actual school, not CASPA. The code is on the school website. 

Okay, I see! I thought I read on their website that it was only required after acceptance. Was trying to save a few bucks. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

So obviously we are all still waiting to fill out the supplemental (graduate school app) since it is not available yet. I received an email with a link to a page where we can check to see if it's up yet. In case you didn't get the link: https://isu.edu/pa/admission/graduate-school-app-status/

Ann apparently still intends to send out another email when it's available, as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, iron_girl said:

Does anyone have any idea when they will start sending out interview invites? Just completed my supplemental today!

Well, last year the supplemental was open August 2 and the first documented interview invite went out 10/7. So I'd venture to guess we are looking at mid-october for invites... however, they have yet to indicate at what file score they'll start reviewing so depending on where your file score falls they might not even review your app until later in the cycle. 

2 hours ago, ajgarner2 said:

Hi everyone! Just received an email from Ann that they are reviewing applications with a file score of 5.0 and higher. She said interviews will be from the second week of November through the end of February.  

Thanks for the update! Did she also let you know what your file score is?

4 minutes ago, menehunemed said:

Thanks for the update! Did she also let you know what your file score is?

She let me know my file score after they received my verified application last month. You can calculate it (prereq GPA + verbal percentile/100 + quantitative percentile/100) if you're not sure what your file score is/will be. Still a ways to go in this process though! Hopefully everyone is hanging in okay. 

anyone else get this email?? i sent my gre to 4355. not sure if i need to do anything?

Thank you for applying for the Fall 2018 graduate class. We are thrilled to see the magnitude of applications already coming for our Fall 2018 class. I commend you on planning ahead and knowing what direction you want your education to take you.  As many of you realize, the upcoming Fall 2017 class semester is beginning in just a week at Idaho State University.  With transcripts arriving from summer graduations and test scores coming from those that need to update their scores, our focus over the next few weeks will be to ensure that our newest students, for Fall 2017, are properly reviewed, admitted, and able to register as needed. 

How does this impact you?  If the Graduate School has received your transcripts or GRE scores and need to attach them to the application you submitted, it may be delayed. Typically we have a 3 business day turnaround from your application submission to connecting any documents we have already received. Or… if documents arrive on your behalf, we connect them to your application within 3 business days. 

From now until September 15, the turnaround time for connecting items to your application will be 5-7 business days. 

Will this affect the review of your application?  No.  We are still connecting items to your application; it just may take us 2-4 business days longer, which has no impact on the review of your application this early in the review stage.  

What can you do to help?  

-    Upload your own unofficial transcripts to your application
-    Upload your own unofficial test scores to your application
-    Be patient as we work our way through the official documents we have to manually upload.
-    Postpone calls or emails to inquire about the status of a document so that we can focus on matching and uploading documents to applications. 
-    You can check the status of your materials through the online application at any time.   

Thank you for understanding and patience as we work with our newest incoming class! We will do the same for you when the Fall 2018 semester begins. 
Thank you for considering Idaho State University for your graduate education. We look forward to working with you through the application process. 

Sincerely, 

Tracy L. Collum, Ed.D.
Associate Dean, Graduate School

Archived