University of Bridgeport 2017 Applicants

34 minutes ago, KBPA88 said:

I just received an email that I have been placed on the waitlist. I'm bummed but I'm hopeful that maybe there is still some hope as I really loved the school. Good luck to everyone else!

I also just got the waitlist email but it's ok they have been pulling a bunch of people off the waitlist so there is still hope!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 11:38 AM, KimberlyC said:

Just received an email that I was placed on the wait list from my 10/20 interview. 

Congrads, Kimberly, the wait list is still the good news, it's constantly changing and hopefully you'll get accepted soon. Did you find out how many seats are still open?

2 hours ago, KimberlyC said:

Thank you Nataylia!

I did not. When I asked at the interview how many seats were left they said they couldn't give me an answer really because people change their minds and get accepted other places! Hoping they utilize the waitlist. 

Have a good day!

It's even better than I thought. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, because anything can happen in the next 2 months, and the 1st resource they will use to fill the seats will be a wait list. Best of luck!!!!

2 hours ago, prepa33 said:

I still have not heard anything from the 9/19 interview. Anyone else not hear? Or anyone get rejected?

I'm on the same ⛵ with you. They said 2-3 weeks from the interview date which was 10/6. As much as I like the school and don't want to think negatively, I guess it's a rejection. Perhaps Melanie might give us some insight? Have you tried to reach out to her?

10 minutes ago, NataliyaPA said:

I'm on the same ⛵ with you. They said 2-3 weeks from the interview date which was 10/6. As much as I like the school and don't want to think negatively, I guess it's a rejection. Perhaps Melanie might give us some insight? Have you tried to reach out to her?

If that’s the case, I don’t see why they wouldn’t tell us instead of keep us waiting with more built up anxiety. I called her this morning because I was confused why I hadn’t atleast heard that I was waitlisted. She said it means I’m still being reviewed. But seems confusing why I would still be under review when people who interviewed at a later date found out their status. I’m trying to stay positive and hope I’m eventually accepted but not sure how much longer I can wait lol 

1 hour ago, prepa33 said:

If that’s the case, I don’t see why they wouldn’t tell us instead of keep us waiting with more built up anxiety. I called her this morning because I was confused why I hadn’t atleast heard that I was waitlisted. She said it means I’m still being reviewed. But seems confusing why I would still be under review when people who interviewed at a later date found out their status. I’m trying to stay positive and hope I’m eventually accepted but not sure how much longer I can wait lol 

I agree, that's a little frustration, especially if there are other options, but you really want this one. Or, if there are no other options, and your future depends on "to be" or "not to be". I felt a great connection with the everyone there, and honestly, though it was mutual. It wasn't even the interview type, more like a friendly conversation, with jokes and laughing. You know, it's kinda a type of shoes, you see a nice dressy shoes, but once you try them on, they don't feel good, because you can't even walk in them. But there is another type, cute looking and so comfortable, that no matter what the brand is, they are your type of shoes. That's how I felt after my interview. The best of the best, my type of school, regardless of other big names in the neighborhood. And still, no answer. Wait, and you will be there, never lose hope, it's hard but very rewarding at the end.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, hkstacky said:

I also just got the waitlist email but it's ok they have been pulling a bunch of people off the waitlist so there is still hope!

I believe we interviewed on the same day October  6th... can’t remember well!:) anyway as long as seats are available , I believe there always  hope and chance !

I know this is somewhat short notice but I just thought anyone who is looking to apply to UB's program in the future would like to know that there is a graduate school health science fair going on tomorrow 11/11/17 on campus in the Wahlstrom Library. The link is below :)

http://www.bridgeport.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/health-sciences/attend-our-graduate-health-sciences-open-house/

• 4 weeks later...

Emailed Melanie and she said that even people on the waitlist are still be re-reviewed. Does anyone know if there is actually any available spots left or does anyone have any insight about the likelihood of being pulled off the waitlist? Thank you and congrats to those who have been accepted!!

Archived