University of Bridgeport 2017 Applicants

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually on administrative probation, not academic probabtion, due to something pretty silly. Their academics are stellar, the last class had a 100% pass rate for the PANCE and I think the year before was 98%. The next accreditation meeting isn't till 2023 I think, and they plan to have it back to a continued status then, which shouldn't be a problem the faculty said. The program is accredited and all graduates are eligible to sit for the PANCE!! 

12 hours ago, raj28 said:

Does anyone have a deeper insight into their academic probation status? And if they are doing anything to rectify it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to what EngineerPA said above, it was basically a matter of paperwork under the previous director. Our new director has taken every measure possible to rectify it and now it is just a matter of time before it is reviewed and updated. She has been working on the necessary paperwork for the ARC-PA and has given herself a ton of extra time for edits that may be needed before the actual deadline.

But if you are invited to interview, this is absolutely something you can ask the faculty/director yourself. They were very open about it during my interview last year, and are still willing to talking about it now.

To add to what EngineerPA said above, it was basically a matter of paperwork under the previous director. Our new director has taken every measure possible to rectify it and now it is just a matter of time before it is reviewed and updated. She has been working on the necessary paperwork for the ARC-PA and has given herself a ton of extra time for edits that may be needed before the actual deadline.
But if you are invited to interview, this is absolutely something you can ask the faculty/director yourself. They were very open about it during my interview last year, and are still willing to talking about it now.

Thanks for providing more insight into the matter. It sounds like a minor issue and I am glad they are taking the initiative to correct it. Thank you and EngineerPA for the timely responses, I appreciate it. Hope you both have a great day.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:44 AM, pastudentw said:

Hi All,

I'm also a member of the UB Class of 2019, and just wanted to add some insight here. Our new director is getting all of the necessary paperwork ready by September (to allow time for edits) and will be sending it to ARC-PA at the beginning of the new year! If all goes well then the probation should be lifted in 2018. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 2:03 PM, Aspiringtobecomeapa said:

My application was verified on July 18th and the email said that my application would undergo a review. I hope I get called in for an interview. Those that have an interview best of luck to you all

Same! Verified on 7/31. Crossing fingers!!

20 hours ago, raj28 said:

I am very pleased to say I have an interview October 6th. What is the interview process like?

I don't know how much information I can give, but it was very relaxed. During my interview we were broken into groups of 3 where we interviewed individually with two different members of the admissions committee in separate time blocks. Then we had a group Q and A session, which was followed by a tour of the school. 

I don't know how much information I can give, but it was very relaxed. During my interview we were broken into groups of 3 where we interviewed individually with two different members of the admissions committee in separate time blocks. Then we had a group Q and A session, which was followed by a tour of the school. 

Thank you for the response. It is great to hear that it is a friendly, supportive environment. Have a wonderful weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hassan1 said:

I have a question regarding the transportation around the university and the cities around.

I am coming from Michigan and wondering if someone please advice regarding which airport I should come to, and what's the best way to use to get to Bridgeport city, thanks in advance

I'm a current student and can give you some suggestions but there are many ways to get around but these are a few options.

The cheapest would be to fly into a NYC airport or Boston Logan. Boston can be cheaper for flights but it is farther away. You can fly into Hartford, CT but the flights would likely be way more expensive and the airport is still about an hour from the University.

I personally flew into Boston and got a rental car and stayed the night before in a cheap hotel. I felt like having a rental car gave me the most control over timing everything.

You could try looking into the AMTRAK train from Boston to Bridgeport. There are also trains that run from NYC to Bridgeport station and then you could maybe a catch an Uber or something to get to your hotel. I've never personally used Uber/lyft in Bridgeport area though.

Hopefully this helps :)

12 minutes ago, pastudentw said:

I'm a current student and can give you some suggestions but there are many ways to get around but these are a few options.

The cheapest would be to fly into a NYC airport or Boston Logan. Boston can be cheaper for flights but it is farther away. You can fly into Hartford, CT but the flights would likely be way more expensive and the airport is still about an hour from the University.

I personally flew into Boston and got a rental car and stayed the night before in a cheap hotel. I felt like having a rental car gave me the most control over timing everything.

You could try looking into the AMTRAK train from Boston to Bridgeport. There are also trains that run from NYC to Bridgeport station and then you could maybe a catch an Uber or something to get to your hotel. I've never personally used Uber/lyft in Bridgeport area though.

Hopefully this helps :)

thanks for your quick response , your input is for sure helpful. So if I am coming to NYC airport at night, you advice for a rental car or is there AMTRAK from NYC airport to Bridgeport.? safety issues also.. thanks again for the input 

Just now, Hassan1 said:

thanks for your quick response , your input is for sure helpful. So if I am coming to NYC airport at night, you advice for a rental car or is there AMTRAK from NYC airport to Bridgeport.? safety issues also.. thanks again for the input 

Yeah the trains mostly just run during the day. So if you use a rental car you can get away with flying in at different times and not having to worry about the train schedule not running at night. Just make sure if you are driving to bring some cash for tolls if you don't buy the EZpass from the rental car company.

I haven't done it myself before, but there are just regular subways that run from NYC to Bridgeport. AMTRAK is more for Boston to Bridgeport. If you type it into google maps it will give what connections and which subway lines you need for whichever date you are traveling.

Archived