PENNSYLVANIA: Thomas Jefferson University

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! For the people that have submitted their CASPA application, did you submit additional documents? I will submit my CV, but I'm confused if it is necessary to add more documents if I have already filled out my experiences under CASPA. There's options for a Catalog Course Description (I don't even know what this means!), Clinical/Professional Documents, and Shadowing/Health Care Hours. Please help out if you have done this already! 

On 9/15/2017 at 0:21 PM, HopefulPa123 said:

Congratulations ErinPa!!! What was the interview day like? And how many interviewees were there? 

There was maybe about 25 of us? It was a long day, two interviews and an essay as well as a campus tour. Sitting and waiting while other people were getting interviewed was stressful, but I felt that the interviews themselves were very fair! I prepared using the "How to Ace the PA interview" book and felt that that helped me a lot!

On 9/15/2017 at 10:00 AM, taraPA said:

Congratulations!! Did they notify you via phone or email?

They notified me by email around 1pm the next day!

Interviewed the 19th, was accepted on the 20th! They emailed me to let me know. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview! 

Different topic, I was also accepted to Temple and Salus so far. Salus is pretty much off my radar, but I really liked Temple. Trying to decide where to place my deposit (really only want to do one since I have 5 other schools to interview at still). I know Temple is new, but their facilities and atmosphere were phenomenal. Thoughts? Temple or Jeff?

34 minutes ago, PrePA615 said:

Interviewed the 19th, was accepted on the 20th! They emailed me to let me know. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview! 

Different topic, I was also accepted to Temple and Salus so far. Salus is pretty much off my radar, but I really liked Temple. Trying to decide where to place my deposit (really only want to do one since I have 5 other schools to interview at still). I know Temple is new, but their facilities and atmosphere were phenomenal. Thoughts? Temple or Jeff?

I would say Temple. From what I believe Jeff is probationary with its Accreditation. Congrats! 

12 hours ago, PrePA615 said:

hi PrePA615. I was also accepted to salus and I have interviews coming up next week with temple and jefferson. What were the interviews like conversation/question-wise compared to the salus interview?

1 hour ago, pama22 said:

Can people who received acceptances post their stats and how they felt after the interview? I felt like I did well, but I guess not because I was waitlisted. I have been accepted to other schools, but Thomas Jefferson was on the top of my list. 

I completely agree with this! Word for word, same 

17 hours ago, pama22 said:

Can people who received acceptances post their stats and how they felt after the interview? I felt like I did well, but I guess not because I was waitlisted. I have been accepted to other schools, but Thomas Jefferson was on the top of my list. 

16 hours ago, lea33 said:

I completely agree with this! Word for word, same 

Hi, I was accepted the day after my interview. My stats were 3.82gpa, 3.7sgpa, ~2500 PCE, ~400 volunteer hours, ~100 hours of shadowing. I felt nervous at first but Amina calmed us all down and made us feel very relaxed. There's the writing sample, 2 one-on-one interviews, and a tour. I felt very confident throughout both interviews. The biggest thing is to be yourself and have confidence in yourself. Once you make it to the interview, its not so much about your stats as it is about how well the faculty feels you'll fit in with the program (and for you to determine how well the program fits what you want). I don't know how spots are given out, but i'm sure there are probably some reserved for each interview group so please don't be discouraged if you're waitlisted-- I talked to a few people who were waitlisted after feeling good about the interview. It just means they're probably waiting to see how the other interviews go (because realistically, I don't think a school will want to accept all 50 people from the first batch of interviews. It wouldn't give those with a later date an equal chance). They obviously like you if you are invited to interview. They obviously see you as a fit or the program if you're waitlisted/accepted. Don't lose hope, and please let that confidence resonate and carry you through! Good luck to everyone!!

@fraja Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind disclosing, how much was the deposit down and how long did they give you to put the money down? Also, I saw the tuition on their website but it is unclear if it includes summer term. Did they explain how much total tuition for the program was at the interview! I appreciate any insight. Thanks!

@anicole159 Thanks! The deposit is $500 and they give you 2 weeks to turn it in. However, Amina explained to us during the tour that IF we need an extra week for whatever reason, we can email her for an extension and she'll most likely grant it. I emailed her asking for an extension of a week and she was okay with it! I'm not sure if the tuition includes the summer. On the website it says "Year 1 & Year 2" but I completely forgot to ask. They go over the program before interviews so I encourage you to ask! (And if you find out, please ket me know!). Let me know if you need anything else!

Did anyone get an email from an "admissions representative"? I just received a personal email from someone identifying himself as such, stating he works under Amina. I'm wondering if this is the case for all applicants, or only those granted interviews, etc. I hadn't heard anything else from the program since my application receipt confirmation email in mid-July... Thank you for any insight!

4 minutes ago, ama6051 said:

I got the same email, and will be interviewing next Tuesday.

Hmm, interesting. Could you tell me about the timing of those emails? Did the interview invite come first? I'm a little concerned they could've messed up my email address, because it happened before with another program forgetting my middle initial... Thanks!

Just now, leb64 said:

Hmm, interesting. Could you tell me about the timing of those emails? Did the interview invite come first? I'm a little concerned they could've messed up my email address, because it happened before with another program forgetting my middle initial... Thanks!

Yeah I got my interview invite around a week ago and just got the email from the admissions representative this morning.

Archived