PENNSYLVANIA: Thomas Jefferson University

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I submitted my CASPA app on June 1st and then it became verified a couple of days later. I haven't received any additional emails other than saying they received my unverified app. Have you guys heard something by now?

I reached out to the program and they said they have not released the supplemental app yet. I believe I searched through some past forums and if I'm remembering correctly it seems like they won't be sending it out until after the CASPA deadline..so I guess we'll be holding tight for that. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TJU and Philadelphia University were previously separate programs, but now they are combined. So the "new" campuses are the ones that were originally under Philadelphia University.

I got an email a few days ago from the center city campus saying my "application is currently undergoing application review with the Admissions Committee" and I'm wondering who else got that? It says all communications will be via email and now I can't stop checking my email (even more than I already was...)

Hi everyone, I am a current student/recent graduate and I came across your thread while collecting some notes to help applying PA students with the daunting process you are all experiencing.  I do not envy you but wish everyone the best of luck on their journey.  To help answer Psych2PA's question, PhilaU and Jefferson merged on July 1 so you may have witnessed the transition in name and logo during your application process.  Not all answers for the distant future are known but the merger provides us with a new name that carries a longstanding reputation of excellent medical education as well as combining resources (I know I sound like I drank the Kool-aid but we just did an excellent board review course with them).  We have done some of our graduation required testing on the Jefferson campus for a decade so the relationship is not a new one. The website for the PhilaU PA program has a lot of information in their FAQ section linked here: http://www.philau.edu/paprogram/FAQs.html

I think the most succinct answer to your question of applications is that each school is still working under their separate accreditation (an extensive process that is renewed after several years) so your application and education will be no different than if the name never changed(see FAQ 4). That is, until they need to renew and will make their decision based on accreditation laws. There are now three campuses: Jefferson's program is now Jefferson Center City, Philadelphia University's program has two campuses with the same curriculum, Their Philly campus is now called Jefferson East Falls and the New Jersey (Atlantic City) program is still identified the same way. You apply to each campus individually (even though NJ and East Falls are the same program and you are interviewed by the same people, they started separating the applications to avoid the large number of duplicates).  I really hope that has provided clarity. 

I received an interview yesterday and was verified 6/1. I scheduled my interview for 10/3 as I will already be in the area for another interview. Good luck all!

Hi everyone! 

I am just wondering if anyone here is also considering PCOM as well as TJU. I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the pros and cons between the two programs, and if there is any new information on the programs (especially TJU since it is newer) in the last year.

I know there is another thread on this comparison but I am looking for new and more recent insight! Maybe after people start interviewing you'd like to comment your thoughts :) 

They both seem awesome I just know there are a lot of things to consider.

Thank you!!

If anyone is scheduled for September 12th (or any date in September) and is available to go another day to the interview and could switch with me it would mean so much:( I am a full-time student and the 12th is the only day I can afford to go with school, but any date in September would mean a lot. Thank you.

19 hours ago, athompson said:

Does anyone know if TJU accepts combined Human Anatomy/Physiology courses? Thank you :)

That's actually what it is listed on the website. Just make sure you have A&P I+II and each includes a lab.

I took Physiology and Anatomy separately in my college so it works both ways!

http://www.jefferson.edu/content/dam/university/admissions/Prerequisite Worksheets/PA_Prereq Worksheet_6916.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived