Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bpPA12 said:

Just got an email saying I️ am on a “ranked list of those who interviewed.” They said by January 31st, some will be accepted while the rest are waitlisted. Fingers crossed! 

Goodluck to everyone! 

I was put on this list too. Was anyone accepted or rejected this morning?

@loftysea I think I am beneath you. 

"While we are not able to extend a seat to you at this date, based to the high quality of your application we have placed you on a waitlist with the hope that an opening may later become available. This waitlist will be maintained until every seat in the program is filled by a qualified candidate. "

Mine says:

"Due to the need to keep a percentage of seats open until our interview phase is over, you have been placed on ranked list of interviewed candidates.  Around January 31, 2018, the admissions committee will re-evaluate all candidates on this list, including a re-assessment of any updated information, before making a final decision.  At that juncture, some will receive an offer of acceptance.  Once all seats are filled, the remaining candidates will be waitlisted."

Could a current NYIT student (or anyone else who knows) answer a couple of questions?

Is there a daily dress code? I remember the students we met said there is one when they are doing patient interaction practice, but is the daily dress code completely casual or still business casual?

What kinds of research topics do students choose to pursue for their original research projects? I'd love to get an idea of what the research project is actually like.

What does the academic calendar look like for the program? When do classes start, when are breaks, how long are the breaks, etc.?

23 minutes ago, loftysea said:

Could a current NYIT student (or anyone else who knows) answer a couple of questions?

Is there a daily dress code? I remember the students we met said there is one when they are doing patient interaction practice, but is the daily dress code completely casual or still business casual?

Do students do dissections or are cadavers prosected?

What kinds of research topics do students choose to pursue for their original research projects? I'd love to get an idea of what the research project is actually like.

What does the academic calendar look like for the program? When do classes start, when are breaks, how long are the breaks, etc.?

This is an excellent question. While I remember the current students discussing these topics, I’d also love a little more insight. 

7 hours ago, loftysea said:

Do students do dissections or are cadavers prosected?

Not a current student but I interviewed there and asked many of these questions. In terms of dress, the director said that men were required to wear ties to class unless told not to (more business than casual?).

The cadavers are specifically for the PA program and are dissected by them too. The lab is shared with the DO students but there is a partition. According to a few of the students there is no interaction with the DO students. 

We were shown an example of an academic week but I believe it may vary greatly. For that specific week- a first year seemed to have decent gaps but they recommended to use those gaps to study.

Archived