2017-2018 Application Cycle

21 hours ago, vbuckmeier said:

There is seriously so much GREAT information on this site as well as positive attitudes, which I love ( and need!). I have my fingers crossed for Anchorage so I guess I'll just have to keep working on improving my resume and counting down until November :) Does anyone have any idea on how many students each location takes? I know I've read it somewhere but have admittedly forgotten! Haha

Oh and forgot to mention Anchorage can have up to about 24 or 25. Class 7 was small at 14 and Class 8 had 23 and now 21. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, pa supportive husband said:

Oh and forgot to mention Anchorage can have up to about 24 or 25. Class 7 was small at 14 and Class 8 had 23 and now 21. 

I've been trying to figure out, if the can take that many seats and it's as competitive as they say, why are there ever any openings?? Why do folks get tured down and yet there are open seats?

26 minutes ago, JHarp said:

I've been trying to figure out, if the can take that many seats and it's as competitive as they say, why are there ever any openings?? Why do folks get tured down and yet there are open seats?

I'm not sure in Class 7, that was the first time my wife applied and there were I think 17 or 18 accepted. I know one found out how expensive it was (it is a lot with tuition, books and more if you want a good estimate let me know) and had a good job so declined his seat. Not sure about the others. She was upset with the fact that she wasn't accepted and it was such a small graduating class. I know in here class (Class 8) one had a medical withdraw for this year and one has to start in Class 9 due to academic reasons. My best guess from what she has said is they will do smaller classes if they don't feel personalities will match. IMO that is a big reason on who they pick because you spend so much time with your class they want to make sure everyone gets along as best as possible. 

7 hours ago, yanetyjo said:

hi everybody.

I applied to MEDEX, first time applicant and I received my email confirmation with the minimum requirements on August 21. I am applying at Anchorage, does anyone know, when do they start the interviews in Alaska?

Nervous.

Thank you in advance

Good Luck, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. My wife is Anchorage class 8 and busy with clinical starting next week but I know quite a bit and can help answer specific Anchorage questions. In fact with support from my wife, I've decided to apply to MEDEX, though it will be in 2022 hopefully :-) 

On 8/28/2017 at 8:47 PM, fortheonlyjulia said:

Hi I just received the interview invitation of 9/26 seattle today!

Very excited! First time applicant, International Medical Graduate, submited and verified about late June/ early July.

I am from Seattle and would like to meet before the interview if anyone is interested!

Hi,

I am also an International Medical Graduate, but I am in Anchorage. Happy to hear about your invitation,  how was the process for the requirements? for me was long. I believe the challenging question for IMG is why the transition to MD to PA. I hope we can talk, its is nice to know an IMG.

Yanet

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, jlynneg said:

Everything I spent so much time preparing for was never asked in either times I interviewed, which was better as it allowed me to truly be me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice. Patiently waiting for a response!

7 hours ago, tpuett said:

I received my invite to interview for Tacoma campus on October 21st!!! Opened the email about an hour ago - still shaking with excitement! My husband (who graduated from MEDEX Seattle about 7 years ago) is through the roof! Now to prepare.....

I received an interview as well! I am super excited and got goosebumps immediately! Interestingly enough my wife also applied but has yet to get an interview. Hopefully she will be in the mix too. I'll see you there

On 9/13/2017 at 8:52 PM, mistercire said:

I got an interview invite for Seattle yesterday! The interview date is 10/12/17. CASPA and supplemental submitted 6/28, CASPA verified 7/14. Reapplicant. 

I was also offered an interview on 10/12 for Seattle! Application completed and forward for faculty review on 8/18, received interview invite 9/12. Good luck to everyone.

10 hours ago, Beeraye said:

Hey all! I am anxiously waiting spokane's invitation. Has anyone heard back from them? This is my one prefered program!  ??

@Beeraye- I too have Spokane as my first choice and have not heard anything back yet. From what I gathered looking at old posts, Spokane interviews in December, with invites going out in November.

I too will be interviewing on 26th in Seattle! Anchorage is my second choice, if I am not chosen for Seattle, do they consider the candidates for their second choice?
Hi, if you have questions about Anchorage let me know. My wife is Anchorage class 8 and with lucky I'll be Anchorage class 14 or 15. Or if you have questions about Alaska let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry that’s what I am feeling, but no one posted from spokane yet so we’ll see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Spokane interviews are later this year than they were last year. For instance the first Tacoma interview is in Oct and last year they weren't until Dec.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived