2017-2018 application cycle

I asked this somewhere else but will ask here too. I missed a membership box blank on my caspa app. I put the name of the group but no description. Will that cost me? Its in my app like 3 other times (experience and awards).. I cant believe I did that :(

I couldn't imagine an admin looking at your GPA, HCE, GRE, and then saying "Oops, no description for this membership, she's out." Lol. You're fine! 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any of you received an email saying you are missing the online admissions application? I submitted mine on June 2nd, and received both phone calls to confirm I was under review. This makes no sense.

I submitted my supplemental awhile ago and I got that too. I'm wondering if it was just an autogenerated email that everyone got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that the NOVA schools are pretty stringent about GPA's, some people have said that the school won't really consider you application unless you have over a 3.4 (even though it says on their website they do a holistic review). Anyone know if that has any truth to it? MY GPA isn't quite there but I have a 314 GRE and 2600 hours of patient care experience, plus over 1000 hours of research in addition to shadowing and volunteering. Just wondering if it would be worth it to spend the money applying if they are going to look only at a lackluster GPA and toss it.

2 hours ago, mtb45 said:

I've heard that the NOVA schools are pretty stringent about GPA's, some people have said that the school won't really consider you application unless you have over a 3.4 (even though it says on their website they do a holistic review). Anyone know if that has any truth to it? MY GPA isn't quite there but I have a 314 GRE and 2600 hours of patient care experience, plus over 1000 hours of research in addition to shadowing and volunteering. Just wondering if it would be worth it to spend the money applying if they are going to look only at a lackluster GPA and toss it.

I asked around and there are people that have gotten accepted with gpas under 3.4

• 3 weeks later...

Archived