• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Acap said:

What are your stats?

Bachelor of Health Science from UF

overall GPA: 3.99

sGPA: 3.98

PCE: over 2000 combined as a Patient Care Assistant, a volunteer medical assistant in a homeless clinic and as an Athletic Training Aide

Volunteer: Had an internship in an HIV/AIDS testing program, plus volunteering in 2 hospital units and a lot of other random things, totaling to over 1000 volunteer hours. I also have research experience with the underserved populations.

Shadowing: over 100 hours with PA's, NP's, MDs and DPMs

5 minutes ago, sunshinestar said:

Bachelor of Health Science from UF

overall GPA: 3.99

sGPA: 3.98

PCE: over 2000 combined as a Patient Care Assistant, a volunteer medical assistant in a homeless clinic and as an Athletic Training Aide

Volunteer: Had an internship in an HIV/AIDS testing program, plus volunteering in 2 hospital units and a lot of other random things, totaling to over 1000 volunteer hours. I also have research experience with the underserved populations.

Shadowing: over 100 hours with PA's, NP's, MDs and DPMs

Hey I got my bachelor of health science at UF too :p

Got an email for an interview invite today. I chose to interview September 12.

CASPA submitted 6/30

CASPA Verified 7/4

Supplemental complete 7/11

cGPA = 3.72

sGPA = 3.79

GRE = 317

Volunteer hrs = 400ish

Shadow hrs = 40ish

HCE as a CNA in the PCU/IMCU = 400ish

2 years of experience working as a manager and researcher in a neuroscience lab 

Hey guys. I got an interview Nova - Orlando this morning. 

Can anyone direct me to current PA students there? Or does anyone have info on the school? I read a bad review from a couple years ago about the program but I would like to know how students like it currently. 

I am trying to figure out how to schedule my interview for here and Barry U. in Miami without having to fly out twice to Florida. 

1 hour ago, TheMoYouKnow said:

Does anyone who got an interview invite have any outstanding prerequisites?

I do! I won't be graduating until this December.  I have A/P II and Biochem I left. I applied to all 4 NOVA programs, but heard that I won't hear back from Ft. Lauderdale until I have all my prereqs completed.  The other 3 programs didn't mind me having outstanding prereqs.

Hi everyone,

I just got invited to an interview for NOVA Orlando on September 26th! Super excited to interview and meet other candidates. I have some questions about the program from current students and past interviewees. I'm seeing that the interviews are 3 sessions, roughly 10 min each, and a writing sample included. I'm wondering if this is an MMI format or simply multiple solo interviews where you meet 3 faculty members and they assess you separately? Also, what are the benefits of the Orlando program compared to others? What inspired you to attend or apply to this program? 

Information is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your input and best of luck to everyone! See you all there next month!

Guest hcruz496

For the human genetics prerequisite does anyone know if they will accept genetics?  I applied pretty broadly and this is the only program that requires human genetics.  I emailed them this question and am still anxiously waiting to hear back, I was just wondering if anyone else asked them this already.  

11 minutes ago, hcruz496 said:

For the human genetics prerequisite does anyone know if they will accept genetics?  I applied pretty broadly and this is the only program that requires human genetics.  I emailed them this question and am still anxiously waiting to hear back, I was just wondering if anyone else asked them this already.  

I asked the Davie campus in 2015 for a friend and they said that general genetics was fine. I'm not sure if things have changed since and I took Human Genetics anyway so I can't say that with confidence. 

Just joined the forum, but I received an invite to interview about two weeks ago. I chose to interview Oct 24.

CASPA submitted 6/30

CASPA Verified 7/7

Supplemental complete 8/3

Interview offered 8/4

cGPA = 3.80

sGPA = 3.72

GRE = 320

Volunteer hrs = 200 approx

Shadow hrs = 8

Degree in Molecular Biology

Resident of Kansas

HCE as Army Combat Medic (7 years), currently PCT in Ortho/Neuro/Trauma unit. Total hours 20,000+

Good luck everyone!

On 8/7/2017 at 3:26 PM, Patricia5827 said:

Does anyone know who we email to update our application? I finished a class and need to send an updated transcript.

Sarah.kimble@nova.edu

She told me an attached unofficial transcript will suffice for updating completed courses. 

Archived