Consultative Evaluations (CE) for DDS/SSI

Hello colleagues,

Does anyone have experience performing CEs for social security disability as a PA? What was your experience like? I am in a position where my supervising physician is not performing them, but I could. Not sure how to negotiate use of exam room, equipment, etc.

....Plus, I'm just curious if this is something worth getting into or worth staying far away from :)

Thanks!

I used to do disability evals for the VA, through a govt contractor. I believe it is a similar process.

It kind of depends on how you are getting paid. If you have a good rate, it can be with it. The visits are time consuming and the charting, at least for me, was onerous. I might spend 6 hours in the clinic but 6 hours at home doing charts. I believe for 2-10 conditions with an IMO I was getting $280 and for a service discharge exam with IMO I would get $310. So 6-10 of those a day add up nicely. Only reason I dont do it anymore was the work was unreliable and doing that plus a full time PC job is just too much.

May not be relevant to you, but FWIW.

Archived