2017-2018 Application Cycle

Got my rejection email today. Good luck to everyone else!

When was your application complete with Emory? How long ago did the rejection email arrive? (Was it from this morning or last night)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my rejection email today. Good luck to everyone else!

When was your application complete with Emory? How long ago did the rejection email arrive? (Was it from this morning or last night)

Turned in caspa 5/25

Emory emailed me saying they got all my stuff 6/1

Rejection email received around 10am

• 2 weeks later...

For reapplicants, I'm aware there is a writing portion to the interview. How intense was that? I remember allen platt saying there are people who fail that. Any advice for first timers?

People actually fail this part? So I'm a re-applicant and the writing portion was not hard at all.  What Emory students have told me in the past was that the writing portion is just to ensure that you are actually the person who wrote your personal statement/essays. 

For reapplicants, I'm aware there is a writing portion to the interview. How intense was that? I remember allen platt saying there are people who fail that. Any advice for first timers?

It is not intense.  It is a basic writing sample, nothing that you need to prepare for or worry about.  You just need to show up and write. 

I submitted my application on May 9th and received the email stating my application was complete and processing would take 5-6 weeks that same day. For those already getting interview emails, when did you submit your applications?

I submitted my application on June 15th. I received an e-mail for an interview invite on June 20th.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 2:25 PM, u0768001 said:

I received confirmation all my application materials were received on May 9th and it would take 5-6 weeks to process. I still haven't heard anything and sent them a follow up email a couple days ago. 

Let me know what they end up saying, if it's productive, I will do the same.

I wouldn't call this week. Most of the faculty on the admissions committee is at our state conference. I would also be patient, if you haven't heard back that can be a good thing! Interviews don't start until September/October and go until February. I know for me personally I submitted in August and was notified of my interview the first week of December. This is also the most volume the admissions committee has ever received so that 5/6 time frame from that automated message is probably a little off.

Archived