Jump to content
jmtam

Eastern Michigan University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

Just received a call from Karin offering me a spot in the class! She said an official email will come through Monday. Although I am very excited, I need to compare the program with another one I've been accepted to before making a final decision. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kelzie said:

Just received a call from Karin offering me a spot in the class! She said an official email will come through Monday. Although I am very excited, I need to compare the program with another one I've been accepted to before making a final decision. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

Congratulations Kelzie !! ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kelzie said:

Just received a call from Karin offering me a spot in the class! She said an official email will come through Monday. Although I am very excited, I need to compare the program with another one I've been accepted to before making a final decision. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

Got the call as well and accepted, congratulations! EMU's program is so muy fresco, though I am also in your position waiting to hear back from another program to make a concrete decision.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get a call today. I hope they will be doing another round of calls tomorrow. :(

 

Edit: Looking at the threads for the last two admission cycles, it looks like EMU generally takes at least a few days to contact everyone, so anyone who has not been contacted shouldn't lose hope yet.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arsenal said:

Hey Kelzie, did you send a thank you note after the interview? Just curious :)

To be honest, I don't remember. For all my interviews I sent hand written thank yous, but i know that I forgot for one of the schools and can't recall if it was EMU or the one I interviewed at the Friday before the EMU one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed the department today and Karin told me that the process is still ongoing and they haven't extended all acceptances. I hope I didn't make myself look bad by contacting them so early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted my seat today. She tried calling yesterday but I missed it so I took it today. 

I interviewed on 10/4

My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 3.89 science GPA, about 4000 patient contact hours, president of emu pre pa club, 5 years military. 

 

Karin Olson said the biggest thing that decides admissions are patient contact hours, if you didn't get it this year don't worry! Just work on those hours and show it's really important to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UsmcMichigan32 said:

Accepted my seat today. She tried calling yesterday but I missed it so I took it today. 

I interviewed on 10/4

My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 3.89 science GPA, about 4000 patient contact hours, president of emu pre pa club, 5 years military. 

 

Karin Olson said the biggest thing that decides admissions are patient contact hours, if you didn't get it this year don't worry! Just work on those hours and show it's really important to you.

That is good to know! I have 15000 PCE but my GPA is only 3.6 over last 60. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, laferri2 said:

I didn't get a call today. I hope they will be doing another round of calls tomorrow. :(

 

Edit: Looking at the threads for the last two admission cycles, it looks like EMU generally takes at least a few days to contact everyone, so anyone who has not been contacted shouldn't lose hope yet.

It looked like at least a week to two weeks for all invites/waitlist emails to be sent from what I saw. Fingers crossed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard anything else. Given that official acceptance emails went out I imagine the rest of us are waiting to find out if we are waitlist vs. rejection.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have not heard anything at all. Trying to keep the good vibes flowing, and going with the concept of no news is good news. Fingers crossed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email that I am on the wait list. Per the email, less than 30 people are on the list. Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More