Eastern Michigan University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Just received a call from Karin offering me a spot in the class! She said an official email will come through Monday. Although I am very excited, I need to compare the program with another one I've been accepted to before making a final decision. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kelzie said:

Just received a call from Karin offering me a spot in the class! She said an official email will come through Monday. Although I am very excited, I need to compare the program with another one I've been accepted to before making a final decision. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

Congratulations Kelzie !! ?

55 minutes ago, kelzie said:

Got the call as well and accepted, congratulations! EMU's program is so muy fresco, though I am also in your position waiting to hear back from another program to make a concrete decision.

I didn't get a call today. I hope they will be doing another round of calls tomorrow. :(

Edit: Looking at the threads for the last two admission cycles, it looks like EMU generally takes at least a few days to contact everyone, so anyone who has not been contacted shouldn't lose hope yet.

3 hours ago, Arsenal said:

Hey Kelzie, did you send a thank you note after the interview? Just curious :)

To be honest, I don't remember. For all my interviews I sent hand written thank yous, but i know that I forgot for one of the schools and can't recall if it was EMU or the one I interviewed at the Friday before the EMU one. 

Accepted my seat today. She tried calling yesterday but I missed it so I took it today. 

I interviewed on 10/4

My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 3.89 science GPA, about 4000 patient contact hours, president of emu pre pa club, 5 years military. 

Karin Olson said the biggest thing that decides admissions are patient contact hours, if you didn't get it this year don't worry! Just work on those hours and show it's really important to you. 

3 minutes ago, UsmcMichigan32 said:

Accepted my seat today. She tried calling yesterday but I missed it so I took it today. 

I interviewed on 10/4

My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 3.89 science GPA, about 4000 patient contact hours, president of emu pre pa club, 5 years military. 

Karin Olson said the biggest thing that decides admissions are patient contact hours, if you didn't get it this year don't worry! Just work on those hours and show it's really important to you.

That is good to know! I have 15000 PCE but my GPA is only 3.6 over last 60. :)

On 10/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, laferri2 said:

I didn't get a call today. I hope they will be doing another round of calls tomorrow. :(

Edit: Looking at the threads for the last two admission cycles, it looks like EMU generally takes at least a few days to contact everyone, so anyone who has not been contacted shouldn't lose hope yet.

It looked like at least a week to two weeks for all invites/waitlist emails to be sent from what I saw. Fingers crossed. 

Archived