Eastern Michigan University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Anyone accidentally submit CASPA before the GRE? I was really stupid and didn't read the fine print and submitted it to get it off my chest and got the email saying I didn't meet the requirements. They said that if there is time they'll re-review my application. Anyone know if that's happened before? I did pretty well on the GRE combined 323 and 4.5 in writing.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chejlee said:

Anyone accidentally submit CASPA before the GRE? I was really stupid and didn't read the fine print and submitted it to get it off my chest and got the email saying I didn't meet the requirements. They said that if there is time they'll re-review my application. Anyone know if that's happened before? I did pretty well on the GRE combined 323 and 4.5 in writing.

My friend got that too... I got lucky and submitted the GRE before submitting caspa I think? I dont remember.

Edit: Just checked. I sent in the GRE to Eastern June 6 and submitted CASPA June 28. Thank goodness cause I didn't see that note before submitting. Wonder how many others did that. 

7 hours ago, brandonhughey said:

My friend got that too... I got lucky and submitted the GRE before submitting caspa I think? I dont remember.

Edit: Just checked. I sent in the GRE to Eastern June 6 and submitted CASPA June 28. Thank goodness cause I didn't see that note before submitting. Wonder how many others did that. 

Did your friend get any news back? I'm really hoping that they'll take a second look :( 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rk9118 said:

I sent my GRE to EMU (1201) Physician Assistant dept (0634). I received an email saying my application meets the minimum requirements. I didn't send it to 3646. Do you think they still received my score? 

Why not email? Directly from the website "You must self-report your GRE score on your CASPA application and have official scores sent to the EMU PA Program. The EMU PA Program's GRE Institution Code is 3646"

1 hour ago, dboucha36 said:

I just received a letter from the graduate admission office asking for all my transcripts to be sent. I thought we didn't need to send transcripts unless we were asked for an interview? That is what it says on the admission page for the PA program, did anybody else receive this? 

You are correct. I think we all received that email saying that the graduate app is incomplete until we send transcripts. You can just ignore that. We don't need to send transcripts until offered an interview. 

6 hours ago, brandonhughey said:

Wait.. I just got something IN THE MAIL saying that I need to send in my transcripts. It is from the graduate school and not the PA program though...  anyone else get this? I got the emails about my file being incomplete until I sent my transcripts but was told by the program to ignore those emails. 

Yes I also received this. 

1 minute ago, dboucha36 said:Yes I also received this. 

6 hours ago, brandonhughey said:

Wait.. I just got something IN THE MAIL saying that I need to send in my transcripts. It is from the graduate school and not the PA program though...  anyone else get this? I got the emails about my file being incomplete until I sent my transcripts but was told by the program to ignore those emails. 

I just called the PA program she said that those letters are automatically generated and to ignore them, unless we are asked for an interview. She also said they will be sending out invitations in the next couple weeks. Ahhh this is so nerve racking! 

I just called the PA program she said that those letters are automatically generated and to ignore them, unless we are asked for an interview. She also said they will be sending out invitations in the next couple weeks. Ahhh this is so nerve racking! 

Will they be sending the invites out via email or postal mail?

People started hearing back sept 16 last cycle! So soon!

Archived