Eastern Michigan University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2017 at 3:59 PM, robins53 said:

Hey, update received an email from Eastern today stating initial screening is complete and that I meet minimum qualifications. Will contact by Oct 1.

Did you send your GRE to both Eastern and CASPA? Because I got an email on June 15 saying that they received CASPA and would screen when they had my graduate application as well, but I also got an email saying that my graduate application was incomplete because I did not send my GRE scores directly to Eastern. 

Did you send your GRE to both Eastern and CASPA? Because I got an email on June 15 saying that they received CASPA and would screen when they had my graduate application as well, but I also got an email saying that my graduate application was incomplete because I did not send my GRE scores directly to Eastern. 

I also get emails from their grad school admissions stating that they are missing materials from me. I'm not sure what this could be though or if it is needed for the PA program.

13 minutes ago, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

I also get emails from their grad school admissions stating that they are missing materials from me. I'm not sure what this could be though or if it is needed for the PA program.

No. As long as you use the code 3646 when you submitted your GRE you will be okay. Just ignore the messages. I was going to send my GRE again to Eastern because I was receiving the same messages and spoke to someone in admissions and they told me I had to and I was pretty upset because I already paid to submit to CASPA, until I spoke with someone directly at the PA school and they said you do not need to submit to eastern as long as you used 3646 for the code. Also, ignore the messages about the transcripts as well. The lady I spoke with said they will request transcripts if you get an interview invite.

33 minutes ago, kmschro34 said:

No. As long as you use the code 3646 when you submitted your GRE you will be okay. Just ignore the messages. I was going to send my GRE again to Eastern because I was receiving the same messages and spoke to someone in admissions and they told me I had to and I was pretty upset because I already paid to submit to CASPA, until I spoke with someone directly at the PA school and they said you do not need to submit to eastern as long as you used 3646 for the code. Also, ignore the messages about the transcripts as well. The lady I spoke with said they will request transcripts if you get an interview invite.

This happened to me as well. I was told that the GRE needed to be submitted via CASPA or else my app wouldn't be reviewed.

I also had an issue with my transcripts because the graduate application requires us to submit all transcripts directly to the university. When I asked the PA department, they just said the graduate app is a completely separate entity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am withdrawing my application from this program because I was already accepted elsewhere and have other interviews scheduled in the meantime. I do not think I have enough time to retake the GRE for this program. 

I wish everyone the best of luck!!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! :) 

18 hours ago, jmtam said:

I think I am withdrawing my application from this program because I was already accepted elsewhere and have other interviews scheduled in the meantime. I do not think I have enough time to retake the GRE for this program. 

I wish everyone the best of luck!!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! :) 

Congrats. Where were you accepted if you do not mind me asking?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how much they will weigh the GRE this year! This is the first year they required it. My GRE is below average (305 with 26% verbal), but my GPAs are strong. (3.94 cGPA, 3.97sgpa). PCE is around 3200 hours. 

I was told that if you have a lower GPA, the GRE better be high. And if the GPA is high, the GRE should be high. They're implementing the GRE this year because they noticed a decline in the quality of applicants from the last cycle (this is what I was told by a current student). I wish I could score high on the GRE, but it's just not an exam I could kill.

You're GRE is great!! And GPA is phenomenal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much they will weigh the GRE this year! This is the first year they required it. My GRE is below average (305 with 26% verbal), but my GPAs are strong. (3.94 cGPA, 3.97sgpa). PCE is around 3200 hours. 
This comes staright from the programs website when they discuss how they evaluate candidates. "GRE: All applicants must have taken the GRE within five years of the date of a submitted CASPA application. The GRE has a significant impact on candidate evaluation." So as it says, the GRE has a great impact on you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

This comes staright from the programs website when they discuss how they evaluate candidates. "GRE: All applicants must have taken the GRE within five years of the date of a submitted CASPA application. The GRE has a significant impact on candidate evaluation." So as it says, the GRE has a great impact on you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just checked! And they only score you based on total gre score so I think I am okay!

I just submitted for both Wayne State and EMU today (holding off on other applications in the short term because money is so tight right now for me).  I realized after I submitted my application that I made a total bonehead move and for my general chemistry course and my microbiology course (both are combined lab/lecture) as prerequisites, I just put the lab/lecture in both the lecture section and the lab section (instead of putting "I am not matching any courses to this prerequisite" like instructed on that page).  I've emailed CASPA (I don't expect them to be able to do anything, but hopefully) and I emailed EMU's PA department to see if this can be overlooked.  I'd hate to have my application denied because of something that picayune.  Completely my fault, but hopefully I can do something or they can overlook it.  My post-bacc GPA is a 3.98, GRE is a combined 318 with a 5.0 in writing, 5200 patient care hours in outpatient PT as a tech.  I'm going to be disappointed if my application gets denied because I did something that dumb (someone in another thread said that their application was disqualified because they had lifespan psychology as an outstanding prerequisite, and instead of selecting "I am not matching any course to this prerequisite," they just left it blank).  

Ugh, wish me luck.  

Archived