University of Detroit Mercy: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Hey all! I know it's early, but I started a threat for the new cycle.

I'm a second time applicant. Submitted my apps already. GRE scores will be sent in July/ August.

Best of luck, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys got a question..

The supplemental application is now on CASPA, and they wanna know why UDM in 500 characters? I'm sorry but 500 characters is like 3 sentences, no way that's enough to articulate why I chose to apply to UDM, do you guys think they meant 500 words?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the odds are like for students who didn't attend UDM for undergrad?  I'm a non-traditional student applying to PA school for the second time, and I've heard that UDM takes a very large percentage of their PA class from their undergraduate applicant pool.  Just curious. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all! 

I was planning to submit in a week or two, but for some reason had completely missed the requirement that all prerequisites must be completed by the application date and not the matriculation date. I'm planning to complete my last pre-req this semester. Do you think it's worth submitting my application this cycle regardless? I'd appreciate any insight and advice! 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, diala said:

Hi all! 

I was planning to submit in a week or two, but for some reason had completely missed the requirement that all prerequisites must be completed by the application date and not the matriculation date. I'm planning to complete my last pre-req this semester. Do you think it's worth submitting my application this cycle regardless? I'd appreciate any insight and advice! 

You have to have all of the classes completed by the application due date! If the courses are not completed by the deadline, I don't think U of D will even consider you. You can call and ask though!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, HopefulPAToBe said:

Does anyone know what day the interviews are supposed to be held? I noticed last year they were at the end of February but the year before they were mid-March. I am planning to be out of the country for a medical mission trip mid-March and am worried about purchasing my flight incase I do receive an interview.

Interviews are held in February and most people are chosen by March. I would not risk it though, to be honest. Your decision!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, GotoPAschool said:

Yep! The good thing, I think, is that it goes all through February and into March. At least that's what I could tell from the forum for last year's cycle, people getting calls still the last week in feb/first in March.

I called the program last month. Calls for interviews will Be this month and the only interview dates will be at the end of this month. Calls for interviews will not be going out in March, the only calls in March will be for accepting students after interviews at the end of this month! Hope this helps! 

14 minutes ago, HopefulPAToBe said:

I called the program last month. Calls for interviews will Be this month and the only interview dates will be at the end of this month. Calls for interviews will not be going out in March, the only calls in March will be for accepting students after interviews at the end of this month! Hope this helps! 

Yes! Thanks for letting us know!

Just now, jerry44 said:

Are there 20 spots for the 2 year program and 20 spots for three year program?

There will be 60 spots this year I believe. ~15 are for their students who have to do 2-year (I believe they can change to 3-year if they request). The remaining 45 are for other students applying, which is split in half among the two vs three year tracks

Archived