UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, mohsderm2016 said:

Congratulations! Can I ask you what your timeline was? Thanks in advance!

CASPA submitted on 6/15, "Thank you for applying" email on 6/22, login credentials 6/27, interview invite 8/21. It's been a looong wait and this is the first program I have heard back from. I applied to 5 schools total, all in Texas. Hope that helps!

I got my interview invite for Sept. 16th this morning as well! I am super excited. I am a bit of a predicament though... I already had one scheduled that day for UNT. I like both schools, but I like UTSW more and would chose that one. Any suggestions? Should I try to reschedule UNT or do my top school (UTSW) at a later date?

16 hours ago, babyPA said:

I got my interview invite for Sept. 16th this morning as well! I am super excited. I am a bit of a predicament though... I already had one scheduled that day for UNT. I like both schools, but I like UTSW more and would chose that one. Any suggestions? Should I try to reschedule UNT or do my top school (UTSW) at a later date?

I suggest SW.... their presentation last week was professional but not stuffy.  They program stars are a mix of older professionals who help with research expertise and scholarly endeavors and younger - like in their 30s - professionals who are still working at the hospitals, along with surgeons who give lectures between surgeries - no, really.

UNT is an Osteopath medical center and many people look down on this practice as sort of folksy nonsense.  Just my thoughts.  Personally I will attend any school that accepts me, but given your choice I would go with SW

Archived