UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

6 hours ago, mohsderm2016 said:

I just called admissions today. They said that interviews for Aug have already been decided, but did not say if notifications were sent out yet. For those who applied recently and have not received login info for residency questionnaire, expect soon as person who is in charge of this has been "out on a conference". Hope this helps!

Great, thanks for that info! I was going crazy over here waiting since I was verified last week and I haven't heard from them yet.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/26/2017 at 2:55 PM, mohsderm2016 said:

I just called admissions today. They said that interviews for Aug have already been decided, but did not say if notifications were sent out yet. For those who applied recently and have not received login info for residency questionnaire, expect soon as person who is in charge of this has been "out on a conference". Hope this helps!

Dang seems like they would have emailed tho with interviews since it'll be less than 4 weeks till the interview! Did you ask if they sent out emails and they wouldn't say?

thanks and good luck!

On 7/29/2017 at 1:01 PM, NikkiO said:

I'm a little confused on how they can have August interview dates when they're non-rolling admissions and their deadline is in September...

UTSW is rolling admissions! The only Texas school I believe that is not is Baylor.

15 minutes ago, NikkiO said:

I called the admissions office because I couldn't find any info on the website and she told me that they were non-rolling.

Hey I think they are interviewing early, but will not select all the candidates till they finish interviewing. This is how UTRGV is doing it also.  

16 hours ago, NikkiO said:

I called the admissions office because I couldn't find any info on the website and she told me that they were non-rolling.

Oh okay! I guess I thought rolling just meant they look at applications as soon as possible versus non rolling, like Baylor, looks at applications after the deadline and weights them all equally. Maybe for UTSW they are still weighted equally but they just start looking sooner! I know they usually save some seats until the very end! 

Archived