2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week, I also received an acceptance call from Grace from the 9/26 interview!!  

I am incredibly humbled and excited to begin this journey at my top choice school! I've been working toward this PA dream for the last 4 years coming from a lower GPA and career track change. Even if the odds seem against you, please don't give up! I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Feel free to message me :) 

9 hours ago, BayToPA said:

Last week, I also received an acceptance call from Grace from the 9/26 interview!!  

I am incredibly humbled and excited to begin this journey at my top choice school! I've been working toward this PA dream for the last 4 years coming from a lower GPA and career track change. Even if the odds seem against you, please don't give up! I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Feel free to message me :) 

Congrats! What group were you in??? 

10 hours ago, BayToPA said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing about your interview? Is it MMI, individual interview, group interview, and is there a writing portion?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, rachelledude said:

Same!! I’m willing to meet up the day before the interview as well. Just let me know and I’ll be there :) 

Great, I'm trying to find a hotel near by the school, so maybe we can meet up in the evening the day before our interview :) 

Hi Everyone!

I'm the vice president of the Class of 2020 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer the questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Good luck! :)

For those of you who are looking for lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Napa Valley, Vallejo for my interview. It was nice and they had a bistro where I got dinner and tried to eat breakfast (I usually can’t eat before big occasions, but I don’t recommend that!). The school also offers a light breakfast before the interview. I flew in and out of Oakland Airport, which is the closest airport to campus.

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, one of the bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

12 minutes ago, TouroCaliPA said:

For those of you who are looking for lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Napa Valley, Vallejo for my interview. It was nice and they had a bistro where I got dinner and tried to eat breakfast (I usually can’t eat before big occasions, but I don’t recommend that!). The school also offers a light breakfast before the interview. I flew in and out of Oakland Airport, which is the closest airport to campus.

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, one of the bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

Thank you, this is very helpful! I normally don't carry cash with me.

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! Welcome to the Touro fam! Please believe me when I say that you have been thoughtfully and intentionally selected to be part of the class of 2021. If you are looking for housing options this is a great website that many Touro students use http://www.tustudentlife.com/housing/rentals/ .More options will be posted early next year so just keep this in your back pocket for now. Congrats again :) 

3 hours ago, hperna said:

Will there still be more interviews offered?

I can only hope there will be more. Just received the invite to submit the supplemental half an hour ago. The email states interview will be offered on "as needed" basis, and it is the admission's decision to close the cycle when spaces are filled.  

Archived