2017-2018 cycle

On 7/2/2017 at 9:53 AM, 3chainz said:

Hi all, 

Has anyone else had trouble submitting the supplemental application? When I log in there is a message that says they are having technical difficulties and will try to resolve them next week. For me, specifically, the "Legal Terms" section does not save and therefore I cannot submit yet. 
I'm traveling for the week of the 4th so I just wanted to be able to actually enjoy vacation and not be worrying about this in the back of my mind lol. 

Let me know if you have any luck! Thanks a bunch!

Updating too!
Got back from vacation and had no problem submitting the supplemental. 

CASPA verified 5/26 
Supplemental App Invite: 6/28 
Supplemental Submission: 7/9 

For those who received an interview last year, do you recall around what time those were sent out? 
Thanks and best of luck to all.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 3chainz said:

Updating too!
Got back from vacation and had no problem submitting the supplemental. 

CASPA verified 5/26 
Supplemental App Invite: 6/28 
Supplemental Submission: 7/9 

For those who received an interview last year, do you recall around what time those were sent out? 
Thanks and best of luck to all.

Our timelines are almost identical. Good luck to you! And everyone else!

On 6/21/2017 at 0:15 PM, abp_520 said:

I just realized that TUC PA program wrote on their admissions page the following:

**For the 2017-18 application cycle, CASPA has mandated that you report CNA and MA hours under "Healthcare Experience".  The TUC PA program, however, will count these hours towards our minimum required 500 "Patient Care" hours.

This is the first time I am hearing about this and cant seem to find any other sources of this information. I listed my CNA hours under Patient care because every other school I've applied to considers it to be patient care. Additionally, I'm a CNA in a cardiac unit at a hospital, and my job title is actually "Patient Care Assistant (PCA)" We are like PCTs minus the phlebotomy. 

Any other CNAs list their hours under just health care experience? 

Hi, I am an MA at a very busy urgent care. I work directly with patients as well. I kinda rebelled with this whole controversy with the HCE/PCE and documented everything under PCE. I applied last year and it worked out fine. 

5 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Just received an email from TUC that my application file is complete and "now eligible for committee review". Kinda nervous because this was the point where I heard from them last, last year. Good luck to everyone!

I also got the e-mail today that my application file is complete and eligible for committee review. What did you hear from them last year around this time?

49 minutes ago, CorptoPA said:

I also got the e-mail today that my application file is complete and eligible for committee review. What did you hear from them last year around this time?

Well I got this email around October of last year and that was the last I ever heard from them. No interview invite not even a rejection or anything. In the email it states that they'll email you if you are selected for an interview but they don't say they're notifying anyone about rejections. I guess all we can do is wait!

Well I got this email around October of last year and that was the last I ever heard from them. No interview invite not even a rejection or anything. In the email it states that they'll email you if you are selected for an interview but they don't say they're notifying anyone about rejections. I guess all we can do is wait!

Ohhh. Well hopefully we both hear back about interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed! ????

Did you apply a lot earlier this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, CorptoPA said:

Ohhh. Well hopefully we both hear back about interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed! ????

Did you apply a lot earlier this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I applied three months earlier this year! I also took 3 more upper level classes and got 3 As, doubled my PCE to (2200+) and volunteer hours to (500+) , did much more community service with the underserved locally, and did another health care mission trip to south east asia. I know the program values working with underserved communities so I am hoping all this together makes a big difference to them. I also got better LORs. I've been working so hard, I hope I at least get an interview :-( Otherwise, as of right now, I've already submitted an app for a 9 month M.A. Biomedical Sciences Program to boost my academic record. So I'm planning for the worst, which would be a third app cycle in 2018. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, abp_520 said:

Yes, I applied three months earlier this year! I also took 3 more upper level classes and got 3 As, doubled my PCE to (2200+) and volunteer hours to (500+) , did much more community service with the underserved locally, and did another health care mission trip to south east asia. I know the program values working with underserved communities so I am hoping all this together makes a big difference to them. I also got better LORs. I've been working so hard, I hope I at least get an interview :-( Otherwise, as of right now, I've already submitted an app for a 9 month M.A. Biomedical Sciences Program to boost my academic record. So I'm planning for the worst, which would be a third app cycle in 2018. 

You go girl! That's awesome! Your hard work and persistence will pay off!!

On 7/9/2017 at 2:49 PM, CorptoPA said:

Verified 5/26

Supplemental Invite 6/21

Update: Submitted supplemental on 7/8.

2nd Update: Received e-mail confirming my application is complete with secondary application on July 20th. E-mail reads as follows: "All required materials for your Joint MSPAS/MPH applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review.  Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified via email.  Typically, invitations to interview may be sent at any time between now and the end of April."

2 minutes ago, WildcatPA said:

Received my supplemental invite June 21st and submitted July 19th (it got tossed into my spam unfortunately). Got the email saying my application was complete July 20th. Hoping we start hearing about interviews soon! 

That's awesome! Mine is completed on July 21st! Good luck! :)

Archived