2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2017 at 9:02 PM, PAhopeful04 said:

I submitted my application end of August. I have yet to receive a secondary. Does anyone know what the delay could be? I havnt received any emails from them. I called to ask but they said for me to just wait until my application is reviewed but it looks like people who submitted later then me have heard back something. Any idea as to what I could do next? More concerned because I interviewed/waitlisted last year here 

I submitted at the end of August as well and have yet to receive a supplemental. I did, however, receive an email on November 2nd stating that my application was under review. Just waiting to see what happens at this point. I went to their info session last fall and really loved the program so I hope I get an interview.

On 11/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, anam828 said:

BE YOURSELF!! I know everyone says this and it is so cliché.. but seriously it works. I got waitlisted at two other schools and I prepped so hard for those. I didn't prep at all for Touro and I got accepted right away. Of course I went over some concepts in my head and reviewed my application/supplemental. But they seriously want you at your natural best so give them that! good luck :)

I also really can't stress this piece of advice enough. I also prepared the least for this interview and got accepted. I think they are really looking for compatibility between your personality/experiences and the mission of the school. So if you fake it just to get accepted, I'm sure they can smell it from a mile away. Just remember, if you got invited to an interview, you are ALREADY QUALIFIED! :) so I really think you should deviate away from regurgitating your resume/application. Just be YOU and tell your story candidly! Of course there are ways to prepare: be familiar with basic public health concepts and how they apply to your future practice as a clinician. Use anecdotes from your healthcare experiences to SHOW not TELL.

Hello everyone! For those of you interviewing next Tuesday, November 28th we will be holding an informal meet and greet for you on Monday, November 27th from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm at the Mare Island Brewing Company. Unfortunately, we do have a final the next day, so we will not be able to stay longer than an hour. Again, this will be very informal and has nothing to do with your interview. It is more for you to ask us questions you may have about the program, what its like to be a student etc. and meet some fellow interviewees so you aren’t as nervous on Tuesday.

If you are interested at all, please take this quick survey so I can get a head count https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/95NS8G2

Thank you and have a great Thanksgiving! 

On 11/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, rfinch said:

I submitted at the end of August as well and have yet to receive a supplemental. I did, however, receive an email on November 2nd stating that my application was under review. Just waiting to see what happens at this point. I went to their info session last fall and really loved the program so I hope I get an interview.

I got that email too! Just now actually realized how long its been, have you heard anything back yet?

20 hours ago, Huskylover said:

How funny! Congrats! Still no response for me but I'm glad to hear the good news!

Hopefully, you'll hear back soon! It seems like there is no rhyme or reason for why certain individuals hear back before others, that is, except for the general trend that those who apply earlier typically hear back sooner. Anyways, my thoughts are with you! Now, off to write a few more essays!

Hello everyone! For those of you interviewing next Monday, December 11th we will be holding an informal meet and greet for you on Sunday, December 10th from 1:00pm -2:00pm at the Mare Island Brewing Company. If you are interested at all, please take this quick survey so I can get a head count 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DKQF6VT

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, justwendi said:

For anyone who has applied or know anyone currently in the program. How diverse are the candidates in terms where they are from (states wise and ethnicity wise). Also for people who have gotten interview invites, what are your stats? If you don't mind sharing

I'm a caucasian female from MN and was accepted last month. I was in the minority in my interview cohort though. I would say they select candidates from a variety of backgrounds. 

1 minute ago, AngelaRosePA said:

I'm a caucasian female from MN and was accepted last month. I was in the minority in my interview cohort though. I would say they select candidates from a variety of backgrounds. 

Thank you for that information! do you mind sharing your stats and your experience interview wise

On 12/5/2017 at 3:05 PM, justwendi said:

Thank you for that information! do you mind sharing your stats and your experience interview wise

I really enjoyed the interview experience on 11/7.

I felt that the staff were very genuine, down to earth, and friendly. It seems like they really assess you beyond your GPA and statistics. They provided breakfast and lunch, which was very nice. It's been my favorite experience so far! Don't let your first impression of the campus buildings care you away. The abandoned-looking historic buildings are from the Naval days, and are closed until they can be fully revamped due to asbestos and lead from the old days. Once you get the tour you will see where you will spend your time. The student guides were very helpful and answered any and all questions you may have during the course of the day. 

The program director Grace was very involved and it shows how much the program means to her. I was really impressed with the faculty.

undergrad cumulative: 3.23

BCP gpa: 3.09

post bacc science: 3.66

post-bacc overall: 3.77

I got a 159 and 153 on GRE and a 5.5/6 on the writing portion.

I have a lot of work experience that i believe strengthened my app.

Hope this helps,

Angela

Archived