2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm in the process of booking hotels for my interview on 11/7/17. just wondering if any of you had any tips in terms of renting a car or not? I'm flying into SFO and getting a hotel about 13 minutes from campus. not sure if lyft/uber is the best way or to rent a car? Any help would be appreciated - it is my first time in this area so I'm nervous!

4 hours ago, anam828 said:

Hi! I'm in the process of booking hotels for my interview on 11/7/17. just wondering if any of you had any tips in terms of renting a car or not? I'm flying into SFO and getting a hotel about 13 minutes from campus. not sure if lyft/uber is the best way or to rent a car? Any help would be appreciated - it is my first time in this area so I'm nervous!

Hi, I live in the Bay Area near SFO, and I would definitely recommend renting a car. To get to Vallejo from SFO, you would have to cross two bridges + the airport fee, so the Lyft/Uber ride would be pretty expensive. Hope this helps!

Good luck with your interview!

I definitely agree with SM1313, I live in the Bay also and you want to have a car traveling that far out. 

I rented a car last year because I wanted to have the freedom to travel and leave on my own schedule, but I met up with a girl who stayed at the courtyard marriot by the school and she said they have a shuttle to and from SFO which she used. I'm not sure of cost/time tables etc but it sounds like an option if you don't want to drive in an unfamiliar city!

1 hour ago, SR08 said:

I was placed on the waitlist after the sept. 26th interview, but they did not specify high, medium or low status like they have done previous years. Not sure what to expect but trying to keep the faith! 

Glad to hear you are keeping a positive attitude! May I ask when and how did they notify you? 

Archived