2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, hperna said:

Anyone else that was verified in late June/Early July not receive the supplemental application yet? I'm getting worried now. Do you think I should email or call them? 

Hey! 

From the email I received it stated that not everyone gets invited to fill out the supplemental application. Just be patient yours may be on the way still :)

3 hours ago, hperna said:

Just got the supplemental today! I was verified 6/30 so don't lose hope to those of you out there that haven't received it yet, just be patient!

Seriously! What hperna said!

I'm not your typical applicant with a stellar GPA...my CASPA overall GPA is a 3.08 even with my post-bacc courses (3.80 post-bacc GPA - 27 units)...I know...it's bad. I was bombarded with many impediments during my undergraduate years. However, TUC sent me a supplemental invitation 7/26 and I have an interview for another PA school August 18th.

Grades are NOT everything! If this is truly the profession you want to pursue, then do everything you can to show it in paper. Be ready to prove that your subpar grades DO NOT define the person you are today. I didn't even think I could land even 1 invitation to an interview because of all the horror stories I heard of people applying the past 3-5 cycles and didn't even get 1 interview.

I hope this encourages other applicants in the same boat as I am!

6 hours ago, Jkhen said:

Seriously! What hperna said!

I'm not your typical applicant with a stellar GPA...my CASPA overall GPA is a 3.08 even with my post-bacc courses (3.80 post-bacc GPA - 27 units)...I know...it's bad. I was bombarded with many impediments during my undergraduate years. However, TUC sent me a supplemental invitation 7/26 and I have an interview for another PA school August 18th.

Grades are NOT everything! If this is truly the profession you want to pursue, then do everything you can to show it in paper. Be ready to prove that your subpar grades DO NOT define the person you are today. I didn't even think I could land even 1 invitation to an interview because of all the horror stories I heard of people applying the past 3-5 cycles and didn't even get 1 interview.

I hope this encourages other applicants in the same boat as I am!

Thanks for sharing your story! This gives me hope! My stats are not great and I am very nervous of not getting in this cycle. Good luck on your interview:)

this are my stats

sgpa 3.12 (post bac 3.95 40 credits)

cgpa 3.45

HCE 3500 CNA

volunteer hours 3000 with underserved populations 

1 hour ago, FuturePAStudent01 said:

Thanks for sharing your story! This gives me hope! My stats are not great and I am very nervous of not getting in this cycle. Good luck on your interview:)

this are my stats

sgpa 3.12 (post bac 3.95 40 credits)

cgpa 3.45

HCE 3500 CNA

volunteer hours 3000 with underserved populations 

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you! 40 credits 3.95! That's awesome and you have the HCE hours to back yourself up as well. I'm sure one of the schools you applied to will give you a chance. Good luck this cycle!

5 minutes ago, JIschiu001 said:

Hello!

I am planning to apply to TUC, but I just haven't sent my application yet. Hoping by this week I'll get to submit it.  Do you guys think I might be too late? I know deadline isn't till later, but I know rolling admission works differently. 

I don't think it's too late! Last year I wasn't able to apply until the end of August because I was takng A&P in the summer, but I still got an interview.

When did you submit? What are your stats?
I submitted 7/3/17. However, I decided not to complete Touro's supplemental application since I have been accepted into my first choice school.

Here are my stats:
3.97 overall GPA
3.97 science GPA
154 V, 162 Q, 4.0 W
2000 hours Medical Assistant
4000 hours health administration
720 student club, which I'm not sure if they count as community service

Hope this helps.

Got invited for the supplement application today! Submited on 6/23/17. Verfied on 7/5/17.

Just had a few questions, if we are already verified by CASPA, do we still need to unload the unofficial transcripts?

And if they received my all my required recommendation letters, do I still need to submit again on the supplement application?

Don't lose hope guys!!

Thanks!

Got invited for the supplement application today! Submited on 6/23/17. Verfied on 7/5/17.
Just had a few questions, if we are already verified by CASPA, do we still need to unload the unofficial transcripts?
And if they received my all my required recommendation letters, do I still need to submit again on the supplement application?
Don't lose hope guys!!
Thanks!

Hi Nucgirl,

So for the transcripts you don't have to upload them, just put in your school information. As for the letters of recommendation, you just have to put the persons name and any required information. You don't need to resend them. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

Hi ya'll! I went to the Touro Info session this Monday and they said that they only started reviewing applications last week! 

Also, I was wondering for those who submitted their supplemental did you attach your unofficial transcripts? We don't have to if we already submitted them to CASPA, right? Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Did they say when they might be sending out the first round of interview invites? 

4 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

Hi ya'll! I went to the Touro Info session this Monday and they said that they only started reviewing applications last week! 

Also, I was wondering for those who submitted their supplemental did you attach your unofficial transcripts? We don't have to if we already submitted them to CASPA, right? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, moleskiz said:

Hi Nucgirl,

So for the transcripts you don't have to upload them, just put in your school information. As for the letters of recommendation, you just have to put the persons name and any required information. You don't need to resend them. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much!

Archived