2017-2018 cycle

16 hours ago, OnaBoo said:

Hi everyone! I just got an invitation for Feb 27th also. I'm flying in San Francisco. I'm looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced around the school. Any recommendations?

Quality inn by six flags in Vallejo is was reasonable. It puts you a lot closer to the hotel too. The guy at the front was really nice.When he saw me in my suit he instantly knew I was interviewing at Touro!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, TallyJVR said:

Yesterday I received an invitation to interview on February 27th! Is anyone else interviewing on this day? Does anyone who has already interviewed or been accepted have any advice to offer? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I also have an interview on the same day and I'm super excited. Can't believe it :D Where are planning to stay? I'm probably going to stay at Express in. Its about 2.4 miles away from the school. Looking forward to seeing you there on the 27th.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, TallyJVR said:

Yesterday I received an invitation to interview on February 27th! Is anyone else interviewing on this day? Does anyone who has already interviewed or been accepted have any advice to offer? Thanks in advance!

On 1/24/2018 at 6:59 PM, OnaBoo said:

Hi everyone! I just got an invitation for Feb 27th also. I'm flying in San Francisco. I'm looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced around the school. Any recommendations?

Hello! Congrats on getting an interview invite. I posted some recommendations earlier, but I think it's worthwhile to post again. Hope this helps :) 

For those of you who are looking for lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Napa Valley, Vallejo for my interview. It was nice and they had a bistro where I got dinner and tried to eat breakfast (I usually can’t eat before big occasions, but I don’t recommend that!). The school also offers a light breakfast before the interview. I flew in and out of Oakland Airport, which is the closest airport to campus.

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, one of the bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

Hello everyone! For those who have received an interview invite, congratulations! I have reposted some information on lodging and transportation above. Also, I want to inform you that the night before every interview an informal meet and greet will be held for you to get a chance to talk to fellow interviewees and students in the PA program. You will be receiving more information from the administration about the time and location of the event, but I wanted to let you know ahead of time in case you are booking flights/making other travel arrangements. 

For those wondering about whether or not more interview invites will be sent out, last year the program held interviews through the Spring. I received an interview invite in March for an interview date later that month. Hope this helps! Stay encouraged :)  

Hey there! I'm also in a similar boat with the waiting game.

submitted 11/1

supplemental invite 12/7

submitted supplemental 12/21

ready for review 12/29

Does anyone know how many spots are left in the program? I'm also curious if anyone knows how likely you may be to get an interview if you received the supplemental (or how many they give out)? I would appreciate any insight!

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, flyers13 said:

Hey there! I'm also in a similar boat with the waiting game.

submitted 11/1

supplemental invite 12/7

submitted supplemental 12/21

ready for review 12/29

Does anyone know how many spots are left in the program? I'm also curious if anyone knows how likely you may be to get an interview if you received the supplemental (or how many they give out)? I would appreciate any insight!

Good luck everyone!

Hello! We are only halfway done with our interview process. The faculty is still in the process of reviewing applications and sending out interview invites. As of right now, there are interviews planned through April. To my knowledge as long as there are interviews there are spots open in the program. Don't lose hope. Good luck!

On 2/22/2018 at 8:07 AM, AngelaRosePA said:

Financial Aid Question***

Does anyone know when your financial aid award comes through? I submitted all my FAFSAs and the school has already received everything. School starts in August. When can I expect to know how much money I will have to use towards rent or moving expenses?

Thank you so much in advance!

Angela

Hi Angela! Great question. If you are asking about student loans, I believe we found out about a month before school starts how much money we will be receiving for our financial aid. You decide the amount you want to take out in loans and I believe for the most part you receive all of the money you request. Unfortunately, you will not receive your financial aid until the week before school starts. We didn't receive our refund checks until we were sitting in orientation a few days before the start of classes. This means you will have to use your savings as well as credit cards ( A lot of us had to open up credit cards) to get you through the first month of rent, school supplies (i.e. computer), cost of moving etc. Then once your loan money comes in you can use it to pay off your credit card. Hope this helps!

Hello! For those of you interviewing this upcoming Tuesday, February 27th we will be holding an informal Meet and Greet on Monday, February 26th from 5:30-6:30pm at the Mare Island Brewery Company. This is completely optional and will give you a chance to meet current students in the program as well as other interviewees. Hopefully it will help get rid of some nerves before your interview. If you're interested please take this quick survey.  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RK8VT7N  We look forward to seeing you there :) 

On 11/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, WildcatPA said:

Just received my acceptance about an hour ago from Grace! I interviewed on Tuesday and I’m beyond excited to be joining the program next year. The interview experience was wonderful and all of the students were so welcoming and informative. 

Any tips and advice on how to prep for the interview :)?

On 2/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, SusanPA said:

Any tips for the interview ? What to prep with?:)

Congratulations getting the interview !! I would recommend going through this thread and looking at everyone else's tips on how to prepare for the interview. As cliche as this sounds, honestly being yourself is key! I loved TUC's interview process because I feel like they gave me a chance to relax, be myself, and allow me to show different sides of my personality.

Since you're obviously interviewing at a PA school, of course it's recommended to think of the typical PA school interview questions such as knowing what a PA is, why do you want to be a PA -- that sort ! 

Just be yourself, be confident. You got this :) 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, SusanPA said:

Any tips for the interview ? What to prep with?:)

I looked up the standard interview questions and had different people ask me them and give me feedback. I had multiple people mock interview me. I also had them mock interview me with MMI questions. Then 48 hours before the interview I stopped prepping and just spend time with friends and family because I wanted to be relaxed.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, AZDreamer89 said:

I looked up the standard interview questions and had different people ask me them and give me feedback. I had multiple people mock interview me. I also had them mock interview me with MMI questions. Then 48 hours before the interview I stopped prepping and just spend time with friends and family because I wanted to be relaxed.

Hope this helps!

Ok thanks ! Was the interview open interview or blind ?

Archived