2017-2018 cycle

10 hours ago, zpsmith said:

I received a supplemental application today. I applied late this cycle, October 3rd. I received the email on November 2nd saying my application had been received from CASPA. Now regarding the supplemental, they ask a couple questions. Are they timed?

It’s not timed so you can take your time with it. I would recommend doing so, since they allow a 500 word max for the 3 big questions. Otherwise there’s still a lot of demographic information to fill out. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us still anxiously awaiting interview invites, the forums from last year indicate that January invites were sent out on December 30. Also, they held interviews in February and March so there's still time even if we don't hear back about January interviews. Stay positive and enjoy the holidays everyone!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted into Touro University's MSPAS/MPH program! For those who have placed their deposits, we have created a Facebook group where you can ask the 2020 class questions about the program and get to know your fellow classmates. Please be patient with us for requests to join the group. It may take a while because we need to verify with the faculty for the official list.

Here is the link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1211510818881164/permalink/1211519785546934/?notif_id=1514958600142083&notif_t=group_description_change

We look forward to getting to know you! 

Congrats to those of you that have already been offered interviews or acceptance to this program! I’m preparing for my interview in March, and I’m hoping you guys can fill me in on how much walking you did on your interview day. I generally wear comfortable heels in professional settings with no problems, but the interview invite specifically advised against wearing heels. About how far did you walk? Thanks in advance for the help!

42 minutes ago, Janie said:

Congrats to those of you that have already been offered interviews or acceptance to this program! I’m preparing for my interview in March, and I’m hoping you guys can fill me in on how much walking you did on your interview day. I generally wear comfortable heels in professional settings with no problems, but the interview invite specifically advised against wearing heels. About how far did you walk? Thanks in advance for the help!

We walked a lot. The campus is big in my opinion. I wore flats with a thick sole. You also go up a couple flights of stairs. 

4 hours ago, Janie said:

How exciting ! Congratulations on the interview :) Although you're used to wearing heels in professional settings, I'd still recommend to stay safe and wear flats since there is a lot of incline walking plus the stairs that other people have described. The last thing you want to worry about during this full interview day is your feet hurting. Better safe than sorry !

Good luck !

For those who flew in to the area, where did you fly into and how did you get around? I saw some people flew into Vallejo and rented a car. Did anyone fly into SFO and get a rental and/or shuttle? I am trying to figure out which would be better. Thanks!

Also, has anyone else been invited for an interview on 2/27?

12 hours ago, prestig said:

For those who flew in to the area, where did you fly into and how did you get around? I saw some people flew into Vallejo and rented a car. Did anyone fly into SFO and get a rental and/or shuttle? I am trying to figure out which would be better. Thanks!

I flew into Oakland and rented a car. For me, the rental car ended up being cheaper than a shuttle. I'd say it was a pretty easy drive into Vallejo. The morning of the interview my phone actually gave me an indirect route because the bridge into Vallejo was backed up. On the way back to Oakland I hit rush hour, but it still only took me an hour to get back. 

52 minutes ago, cynwash said:

Similar boat...my file was complete 9/26/17 and no word yet other than a confirmation that everything had been received. 

I too have yet to hear anything, and my file was complete and eligible for committee review on 9/11/16....however, I have been emailing Naisha every few weeks for an update...but still no change.

On 1/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, prestig said:

I will also be interviewing on the 27th! See you all there & good luck everyone!

On 1/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, IoanaPA said:

Has anyone who recently submitted their supplemental applications (late December) heard back about interviews or when they will be letting us know?

I'm one of those people who submitted their supplemental in the middle of December and have not yet heard anything.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, IoanaPA said:

Has anyone who recently submitted their supplemental applications (late December) heard back about interviews or when they will be letting us know?

Supplemental submitted Dec. 7 and app sent to committee for review Dec. 11. No word back yet. Last year they interviewed through March, so hopefully we'll hear something back soon.

Archived