2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PAhopeful04 said:

yay to getting the supplemental and good luck! When did you submit your app?

I submitted at the end of August and received the supplemental invite two weeks ago. My supplemental was submitted as of last Tuesday. Now that they have everything it's just a waiting game. Given that it's almost the holiday break I'd be surprised if I heard anything before January, but one can hope... Hahaha!

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, AngelaRosePA said:

I really enjoyed the interview experience on 11/7.

I felt that the staff were very genuine, down to earth, and friendly. It seems like they really assess you beyond your GPA and statistics. They provided breakfast and lunch, which was very nice. It's been my favorite experience so far! Don't let your first impression of the campus buildings care you away. The abandoned-looking historic buildings are from the Naval days, and are closed until they can be fully revamped due to asbestos and lead from the old days. Once you get the tour you will see where you will spend your time. The student guides were very helpful and answered any and all questions you may have during the course of the day. 

The program director Grace was very involved and it shows how much the program means to her. I was really impressed with the faculty.

undergrad cumulative: 3.23

BCP gpa: 3.09

post bacc science: 3.66

post-bacc overall: 3.77

I got a 159 and 153 on GRE and a 5.5/6 on the writing portion.

I have a lot of work experience that i believe strengthened my app.

Hope this helps,

Angela

Thank you Angela I really appreciate you answer.

47 minutes ago, justwendi said:

For those who submitted a supplement application, did you have exactly 500 words? I answered the question but they aren't 500 words and I don't want to feel like I am rambling and rewriting the same information

I think mine were 400+, 400+, and 300+. However, I haven't received an interview invite or rejection yet since I only submitted last week, so I don't know how effective they were. In general, I would say that if you feel like you've addressed the prompt in a way that represents who you are and why you're a good candidate, the more succinct your response is the better it'll be received. Just my opinion though.

39 minutes ago, rfinch said:

I think mine were 400+, 400+, and 300+. However, I haven't received an interview invite or rejection yet since I only submitted last week, so I don't know how effective they were. In general, I would say that if you feel like you've addressed the prompt in a way that represents who you are and why you're a good candidate, the more succinct your response is the better it'll be received. Just my opinion though.

oh okay. That is very true.Thanks a lot for your response

1 hour ago, AngelaRosePA said:

Has anyone that's been accepted been added to the Facebook group? Ive been waiting !

-A

I don’t think they’ve created a Facebook group for the Class of 2021 yet. I’m looking forward to joining the group and meeting everyone when it’s created though! :)

11 hours ago, AngelaRosePA said:

Has anyone that's been accepted been added to the Facebook group? Ive been waiting !

-A

The Class of 2020 will start a Facebook group sometime in January 2018 for those who have been accepted into the Class of 2021 and submitted a deposit. We will post on the forum once the facebook group has been created. Enjoy your holidays!

For those that got an interview, how soon did you hear back after sending the supplemental application? I received a link for it on 12/7 and just submitted it on 12/17. I didn’t want to rush my responses so I took my time with them. I know they said they’ll be interviewing into 2018 but I can’t help but feel like it’s a little late in the game. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that they are still interviewing! 

9 hours ago, paforward said:

For those that got an interview, how soon did you hear back after sending the supplemental application? I received a link for it on 12/7 and just submitted it on 12/17. I didn’t want to rush my responses so I took my time with them. I know they said they’ll be interviewing into 2018 but I can’t help but feel like it’s a little late in the game. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that they are still interviewing! 

I submitted my supplemental on Aug 23rd and received the interview invite on Oct 27th! Fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear back :) 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:10 AM, paforward said:

I think they interview even in April so I don't think you're late in the game!

On 12/18/2017 at 11:10 AM, paforward said:

I'm right there with you. Literally holding my breath every time I check my email... Hahaha! Hopefully we'll hear something about an interview soon.

Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my supplemental application for the Post-Secondary Application section. I submitted it twice and I received an e-mail stating,   "Your PA supplemental application has been un-submitted as you did not complete the Post Secondary Academic section in its’ entirety as this is a requirement. You will need to complete the section by indicating units total, degree conferred, degree date, etc. If no degree simply state, “n/a or none or BS or BA” AND all institutions attended. All colleges ever attended (including BS/BA degree) are to be included. To be considered for Admission, re-submit the corrected application. You will not need to pay the application fee again."

Not sure how to add the credit hours, since some of them were only 9.50 or 4.00; can someone tell me how to add that in the format given? I would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Newbie24 said:

Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my supplemental application for the Post-Secondary Application section. I submitted it twice and I received an e-mail stating,   "Your PA supplemental application has been un-submitted as you did not complete the Post Secondary Academic section in its’ entirety as this is a requirement. You will need to complete the section by indicating units total, degree conferred, degree date, etc. If no degree simply state, “n/a or none or BS or BA” AND all institutions attended. All colleges ever attended (including BS/BA degree) are to be included. To be considered for Admission, re-submit the corrected application. You will not need to pay the application fee again."

Not sure how to add the credit hours, since some of them were only 9.50 or 4.00; can someone tell me how to add that in the format given? I would appreciate it.

Try 09.50

Archived