January 2018 start!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! I'm a current 1st year student here at Pitt's PA program. Make sure you get those CASPA apps in as early as possible and be confident in your answers and essays. You've made it this far so know that you are capable of getting into any program! Good luck everyone!

Hi there! I'm a current 1st year student here at Pitt's PA program. Make sure you get those CASPA apps in as early as possible and be confident in your answers and essays. You've made it this far so know that you are capable of getting into any program! Good luck everyone!

When did you submit/get an interview invite last year? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my first choice school even though I've been accepted into another program! Do any of you recommend me calling the office and letting them know over the phone that it is my first choice in case I don't hear by the end of the summer? Or do they not care for that kind of thing? I don't want to seem overeager/annoying though... I submitted on 05/15 and just anxiously waiting to hear back! 

On 6/4/2017 at 2:28 PM, jtn16 said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I have an interview on July 25 and am very excited. Would you be able to give us any information and advice about the interview process and timeline?

On 7/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, fightingirish16 said:

This is my first choice school even though I've been accepted into another program! Do any of you recommend me calling the office and letting them know over the phone that it is my first choice in case I don't hear by the end of the summer? Or do they not care for that kind of thing? I don't want to seem overeager/annoying though... I submitted on 05/15 and just anxiously waiting to hear back! 

A short and concise email of intent wouldn't hurt you. They like to see that people WANT to come and know why you chose to be a PA. Hope this helps! The waiting game is literally the worse part about it all haha. Even didactic year doesn't come close.

7 hours ago, kac1503 said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I have an interview on July 25 and am very excited. Would you be able to give us any information and advice about the interview process and timeline?

My tip for you is to get a good night's rest...like exhaust your body from a workout so you can sleep that night or something. And also to bring some snacks and water! My energy was waning towards the end of the interview day from constantly being on edge the entire time. Like gggarcia said, it's MMI format but don't stress or panic, it's like getting multiple chances to make a 1st impression. Try to meet new people who could potentially be your future classmates and you won't even have time to be nervous :)

1 minute ago, RebJab16 said:

Did they say we would hear back in about a week no matter what the news is? Regarding accepted/waitlisted/denied?

I actually don't think they mentioned anything at the interview but the current PA students said it's takes up to 4 weeks but you usually know in 1-2 weeks. I am assuming they let you know accepted, rejected, or waitlist but I am not sure.

Archived