Application Cycle 2017-18

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, eliam22 said:

I GOT IN!!

from the 9/29 interview!!! anyone else?? this is Macy, for those I got to meet on Friday!

How was the interview?? What was their MMI process like? It seems every school does it a bit differently. I'm interviewing 10/13 and am overly anxious!

On 10/3/2017 at 5:35 PM, LeQuack said:

Waitlisted from 9/29. Sucks, but everyone seemed like great candidates on Friday so congrats to everyone who got in ;).

Best of luck to those still waiting! 

So does that mean they'll likely not be pulling from their interview wait list at this point???

Hello all,

I was scheduled to interview at Rush on the 13th, however I was recently accepted to another program. I emailed Rush to decline the offer and I hope that they invite another candidate to take my interview spot.

For all of you on the waitlist, don't lose hope! There will always be people who decline interview invitations or acceptances, and to reiterate from my previous post about the online information session: Rush is expecting to continue interviews through November.

For another dose of hope: a second one of my coworkers was accepted 1.5 weeks before the start of her top choice program :o

Good luck to you all :)

17 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Hello all,

I was scheduled to interview at Rush on the 13th, however I was recently accepted to another program. I emailed Rush to decline the offer and I hope that they invite another candidate to take my interview spot.

For all of you on the waitlist, don't lose hope! There will always be people who decline interview invitations or acceptances, and to reiterate from my previous post about the online information session: Rush is expecting to continue interviews through November.

For another dose of hope: a second one of my coworkers was accepted 1.5 weeks before the start of her top choice program :o

Good luck to you all :)

Good luck in your program!!

5 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

So does that mean they'll likely not be pulling from their interview wait list at this point???

Nope, they told me not to expect any update until the new year. Which doesn't surprise me as I think their last interviews are end of this year. 

15 minutes ago, tvooooo said:

Interviewing Oct 13! Im an excited/nervous wreck! This will be my first MMI format interview.

without giving away too much is there anyone who interviewed here willing to share some advice on how to prepare for their MMI???

When did you submit your application and when did you receive your invitation to interview? Good Luck!!

1 hour ago, tjl2888 said:

When did you submit your application and when did you receive your invitation to interview? Good Luck!!

Rush emailed me saying they received/verified my application June 23. Got an interview invite Aug 16.

I was really surprised that I got interviews in the first place because my stats are below average. cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.3, PCE: 3000ish. However, I am involved with many extracurriculars and hold leadership positions in most of them. That might've made me stand out. This makes me believe they look at applications rather holistically. :)

13 hours ago, tvooooo said:

Interviewing Oct 13! Im an excited/nervous wreck! This will be my first MMI format interview.

without giving away too much is there anyone who interviewed here willing to share some advice on how to prepare for their MMI???

I watched some videos on youtube just to get an idea of how to think through MMI questions before I interviewed. The best advice I got from a friend was not to jump to a conclusion right away even if the question seems to have an obvious answer. Stop, think, and consider all of the options. They are assessing your ability to reason through a problem, so explain your reasoning, pros/cons of different solutions. The other thing I feel worth mentioning is that the MMI interviewers don't interact with you much and stay pretty non-expressive, they really leave you to talk, either by yourself or with a partner. Good luck! The interview was fun and laid back in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, sana1027 said:

I just contacted the admissions department. They only have two more interview dates left. The waitlist is based on when you applied, she did tell me that they are going to contact two people from that list since two seats opened up. 

Thanks for this info! It is interesting that they gave you such specifics because each time I have contacted them the answers seem pretty generalized. Do you know if they already sent out invites for those two interviews that are left?

20 hours ago, sjw2017 said:

Thanks for this info! It is interesting that they gave you such specifics because each time I have contacted them the answers seem pretty generalized. Do you know if they already sent out invites for those two interviews that are left?

This was my first time calling them. I'm not sure why they gave me all this info but I basically think I'm not going to get an interview here. I think they have sent out the invites already. She told me since I'm a first time applicant it may take me a second try to actually get an interview invite.

I just spoke to admissions and she stated that they have 2 more interview dates, November 3 and November 17. She said that the invites for November 17 will be sent out today or tomorrow and that no one has declined the interview for November 3 as of yet. She stated that once people decline the interviews, they will take people off the interview waitlist and that the closer to the interview date it is, they usually only call people from the Midwest within a 7hr driving radius as it is easier for them to make the interview date.

So I wouldn't give up hope until mid November!

Archived