Application Cycle 2017-18

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, tjl2888 said:

Anyone on the interview waitlist hear back since being put on the wait list or have they received an interview?

Also. Does anyone know how many inteviews they give out and how big their class is?

no idea about interviews, but the class is 30.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:26 AM, tjl2888 said:

Anyone on the interview waitlist hear back since being put on the wait list or have they received an interview?

Also. Does anyone know how many inteviews they give out and how big their class is?

I believe they said they would have 6-7 interview sessions of about 20 students each. The current PA students said the school interviews about 120-150 applicants. Hope that helps!

Hey guys, I was invited to interview on October 13th! Just wondering, in the supplemental, what kind of things did you write in the 

"Please provide any additional information you would like to include with your application." section. I feel like I shouldn't leave it blank. 

Thanks!

On 8/18/2017 at 9:58 AM, Madeleine said:

Hey guys, I was invited to interview on October 13th! Just wondering, in the supplemental, what kind of things did you write in the 

"Please provide any additional information you would like to include with your application." section. I feel like I shouldn't leave it blank. 

Thanks!

I left it blank. Not sure what anyone else did. 

Verified 8/25... super late to the game, but thought I'd give it a try with 6-7 rounds of interviews. 

PCE: 2,378 hrs (EMT, CNA, volunteer first responder, first aid provider for kids camp)

HCE: 162 hrs, Shadow: 50 hrs, Research: 192 hrs

GRE: Verbal 155 (69th percentile), Quant. 159 (73rd percentile), Writing 4 (60th percentile)

GPA: overall 3.89    science 3.84

Any guess on if I will even be looked at being that I applied so late?

1 hour ago, rosiepoo_unowho said:

Verified 8/25... super late to the game, but thought I'd give it a try with 6-7 rounds of interviews. 

PCE: 2,378 hrs (EMT, CNA, volunteer first responder, first aid provider for kids camp)

HCE: 162 hrs, Shadow: 50 hrs, Research: 192 hrs

GRE: Verbal 155 (69th percentile), Quant. 159 (73rd percentile), Writing 4 (60th percentile)

GPA: overall 3.89    science 3.84

Any guess on if I will even be looked at being that I applied so late?

My guess is that you will definitely get an interview. They continue interviewing through early spring. Your stats are awesome. GPA and GRE alone are great, let alone the research and PCE varieties. Good luck :)

52 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Notes from online info session from today:

They are expecting to draw from the waitlist to interview. The wait list does not go by when you apply. They do not disclose their ranking system. 

They are having interviews until November so you should hear by December.

They will send out invites as late as November, or November is the last month they will interview? Did they say how much of the class has been filled already? How often will they send out invites?

4 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Notes from online info session from today:

They are expecting to draw from the waitlist to interview. The wait list does not go by when you apply. They do not disclose their ranking system. 

They are having interviews until November so you should hear by December.

Hi Madeleine,

Where are you seeing the "online info session" information??  Thanks for sharing!

34 minutes ago, CherCher said:

Hi Madeleine,

Where are you seeing the "online info session" information??  Thanks for sharing!

There was a live chat today where you could ask the program director questions. I was kind of late so I didn't catch many of the answers.

I found out that it's still worth a try if you haven't yet applied... and that the waitlist is not ranked. Meaning they hand select from the pool of waitlisted people who they wish to interview next. 

They hinted at having most of their interview slots filled, but that was not explicitly stated. And they did confirm having 6-7 rounds of interviews, even into the fall.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I am interviewing Sept 29th. Anyone have any advice about how the interview went? Part is an MMI, and the other part is the personal interview. How were each?

If anyone has also interviewed at Midwestern how did the two compare? I have both coming up right in a row.

Any insight would help!! Thanks! :)

3 hours ago, lea33 said:

Hey everyone! I am interviewing Sept 29th. Anyone have any advice about how the interview went? Part is an MMI, and the other part is the personal interview. How were each?

If anyone has also interviewed at Midwestern how did the two compare? I have both coming up right in a row.

Any insight would help!! Thanks! :)

It is really hard to prepare for the MMI portion. I don't think I could have prepared for it any better than I did. I'm not saying go in totally unprepared, but it's hard to predict those questions. For the one-on-one interview, it was a very traditional PA school interview with a faculty member.

I actually also interviewed at Midwestern on a Monday and Rush on the Friday of the same week. Honestly, in my opinion, Midwestern's was a bit more relaxed than Rush's. Both interview sessions were VERY organized and use the MMI format. The downside to Rush's was during the MMI portion, it is in the same room as other applicants doing the one-on-one interviews. Thus, it became quite loud during the time you had to think about your MMI responses. Overall though, both interview sessions were great. I was accepted to both, but the feeling I got at Rush was better so I will be choosing to attend Rush. I hope this helps you and best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived