Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nerroe

Messed up last minute

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

I just finished my semester and unfortunately I got a c in anatomy 2.

Just a little background. I have about 4,600 HCE as an MA and as a clinical research assistant (both jobs at the same time). I work over 60hrs per week and didn't have the time I needed for this class. However I did also get a B in orgo, an A in genetics and an A in psychology 2 this semester.

The rest of my grades for all prereqs are As (micro, psych 1, stats, med term, chem, bio) minus one B in anatomy 1.

My GRE score is 310-315. And I also have volunteering hours as a case manager and disaster responder totalling 150 hrs to date.

I'm wondering if I should bother applying or retake anatomy to try and get a better grade. The summer class will end early July, but would that be too late to apply?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'm feeling a bit down because I really did not want a C in my transcript and was hoping to apply by now.

Thanks!

I would just apply if I were you. That rest of your grades and stats look great. You could always take the course again and mention how you're retaking it in your personal statement. I'm retaking genetics this June and won't be done until August.

I've had courses in progress even after I submitted my CASPA and I provided PA programs with updated grades as soon as they came out. I also updated my HCE hours at the same time.

Go ahead and apply and I'd recommend retaking anatomy because that's one of the most important pre-reqs and you really want to prove you'll do well in it. C's aren't a dealbreaker in general though, I was accepted with 2 Cs (chemistrys) and a D in genetics on my transcripts and only re-took genetics (got an A) but I would have definitely retaken anatomy if one of those Cs was in that course. Just mark it as planned or in-progress on your application but otherwise you should be fine!

Retake that anatomy class. They might nail you for that one purely because it is a foundation of our schooling. I think as long as you let them know that you are planning to retake it, then will by pass the C.