2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My accepted student checklist posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I interviewed 8/25 and was a reapplicant! For those who get waitlisted, do not loose hope!

Congrats!! Did it just post now for you? Has anyone else heard? I keep refreshing the page hoping it will change...

Does anyone know if we will see any changes if we are waitlisted or rejected? Or is it only if we are accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, 808State said:

Congrats!! Did it just post now for you? Has anyone else heard? I keep refreshing the page hoping it will change...

Does anyone know if we will see any changes if we are waitlisted or rejected? Or is it only if we are accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The checklist will only change if you are accepted. I was waitlisted (my interview was 8/9) and I didn't find out until I emailed admissions a couple days after hearing other people had been accepted. So far I haven't heard of any interviewees being rejected though. It seems like most, if not all, make it into the waitlist. Good luck!! 

Congratulations to all of those accepted :) I look forward to meeting all of you, proud to be part of MWU class of 2020! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page we should be added to? I remember reading the forum last year and those who were accepted were provided with a Facebook link for the class!

7 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Congratulations to all of those accepted :) I look forward to meeting all of you, proud to be part of MWU class of 2020! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page we should be added to? I remember reading the forum last year and those who were accepted were provided with a Facebook link for the class!

I haven't seen one yet, but did join the main MWU-Glendale page.

1 hour ago, bdavis137 said:

I got the accepted student checklist, but still haven't received a call or email. Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't receive my call until a couple days after the checklist appeared, but they did call, and the email was sent right afterwards. Congratulations!

I have my interview next Friday and I'm super excited, also really nervous!! I live in the Phoenix area and would LOVE to stay in town! Any of you guys who were accepted have any advice? Or if anyone else is interviewing next Friday from out of town and is in need of anything like rides or even a place to stay let me know! Is anyone that was accepted also local? 

On 9/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, Shelby89 said:

I have my interview next Friday and I'm super excited, also really nervous!! I live in the Phoenix area and would LOVE to stay in town! Any of you guys who were accepted have any advice? Or if anyone else is interviewing next Friday from out of town and is in need of anything like rides or even a place to stay let me know! Is anyone that was accepted also local? 

I interview on Friday too! I really hope to be able to stay here so I'm really thankful to have an interview!

26 minutes ago, Cdale2017 said:

I interview Friday too! I am from Kansas City. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. How are y'all preparing for your interviews?

I have been researching interview questions and writing out my personal answers. I have a family member that was a DON for much of her career and she is helping me with a mock interview and giving me feedback. You? 

@Shelby89 I actually interviewed last year and got waitlisted! I was accepted this year. I was born and raised in AZ and Midwestern was my number one choice! My nerves definitely got the better of me last year and I don't even remember what questions they asked me or how I answered the questions! After the interview was over, I realized that I made it a lot more intimidating than it actually was! My biggest advice is to just relax, be yourself, be present in the interview and be conscious of what you're saying! Know why you want to be a PA (without bashing other healthcare professions) and why you want to go to Midwestern specifically! They don't ask any off-the-wall questions like "if you could be any color, what would you be?"... the questions are pretty straight forward! And they only ask you a handful of questions, I left feeling like I actually wanted them to ask me more because I had so much more I wanted to tell them! However, the purpose of the interview is for them to get to know you as a person, make sure you are personable and friendly and that you are serious about pursuing the PA profession.... don't let your nerves get in the way of letting your best self shine through! The faculty and current students are VERY friendly and really try to make you feel comfortable. I went into this interview thinking of it more as a conversation which made me relax a little and I think it made a big difference! Good luck, you will all do great :)

Archived