2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how much Midwestern weighs the GRE? I got a pretty bad score (292). My GPA is very good though at 3.6 and sGPA at 3.6 as well. My healthcare hours are 11,000+ paid hands on experience too. I am debating sending my GRE scores.

Midwestern requires the GRE so you have to send your scores and they weigh it heavily. Most schools require at least a 300, but Midwestern wants closer to the 70th percentile. There are some exceptions, but as a general rule if you want to go to Midwestern, you should retake the GRE

@Socalment, you have a lot of HCE and a great GPA. You got really close to meeting the scores needed by Midwestern. I encourage you to retake it and send them your scores later. You can submit your application with your scores pending but the Midwestern website says it's expected that applicants have a 50th percentile in each category, so it is better to have late/pending scores than scores that don't meet criteria. You came so close, I bet you can do even better next time and it would strengthen your application for other schools as well. [:

Those of you wondering about GRE this is what they told last year ....hope this helps!

Hi Dana,

Your application is reviewed as a whole so a little lower GRE scores can be offset if you have a strong Overall and Science GPA as well as strong Patient Care hours/Healthcare Experience. That being said though, your GRE scores have to still be acceptable. If you are below the 40th percentile in multiple areas then you definitely will want to retake the exam.

Thanks,

Michael Matousek M.S.

Admissions Counselor

Midwestern University

19555 N 59th Ave

Glendale, AZ 85308

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, quick question. So I submitted June 1st, and was verified the same day. I got an email from Midwestern about creating an account on June 5th, but it was in my spam folder. I just saw that email today and made my account, July 2nd. Was the account necessary for them to start reviewing my application, and did I screw myself over? Or was the account just for me to see that they got my documents? I haven't heard from them since, and would appreciate some advice. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think it is more a hub to monitor your application and I don't think your small delay will hinder your acceptance if you're a good candidate. I submitted everything including making an account on May 20th and I still haven't heard anything. So you should be okay because if they think you go well with their program, they will invite you soon! (: invites have started going out according to some, and there are still plenty to come. Keep your hopes up and only focus on what you can control (: 

1 hour ago, ajames said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think it is more a hub to monitor your application and I don't think your small delay will hinder your acceptance if you're a good candidate. I submitted everything including making an account on May 20th and I still haven't heard anything. So you should be okay because if they think you go well with their program, they will invite you soon! (: invites have started going out according to some, and there are still plenty to come. Keep your hopes up and only focus on what you can control (: 

Ok great, thank you for the information! If I hear anything I will let the forum know so we're all on the same page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an interview invite!!! I will unfortunately be out of town the first weekend of August so I chose August 25th! I'm super excited:) I had an interview with them last year and was waitlisted, but I was very impressed with my interview experience and the program as a whole! Great faculty, great students, great program and great communication! 

Caspa verified 6/30

Confirmation from Midwestern 7/5

Interview invite sent 7/12 

Good luck to all!

Hi! Hope the waiting game is getting better for everyone as the days go on! :) I was wondering that if my app was complete for Midwestern on 6/6 and haven't gotten rejected...does that mean I still have a chance? I see that some ppl got an interview already that has around the same confirmation date as me. Do they wait for a bunch of other applicants to apply and put me in that pool?

Archived