2017-2018 Application Cycle

I interviewed on 8/3, and they had briefly mentioned that they waitlist a higher proportion of the applicants from the earlier interviews to see what applicants they get later in the cycle. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but something along those lines. I just wanted to know if I misinterpreted that, and if not, do you think it's a significant difference compared to later interviews? Their reasoning makes sense, but that made me feel so crushed that my odds are less likely to get accepted because I had one of the first interview dates :(

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I interviewed on 8/3, and they had briefly mentioned that they waitlist a higher proportion of the applicants from the earlier interviews to see what applicants later in the cycle. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but something along those lines. I just wanted to know if I misinterpreted that, and if not, do you think it's a significant difference compared to later interviews? Their reasoning makes sense, but that made me feel so crushed that my odds are less likely to get accepted because I had one of the first interview dates :(
I'm not sure about that but they did mention that they will meet today evening and we can hear about their decisions by logging into our portal late this evening. Let see how it turns out.

Congratulations Schiersm! I also interviewed and hope to join you in the Fall!! I called today at 09:55 AM and was told to check tomorrow morning.

The accepted and matriculation page remain unchanged for me with their default messages. Last year, after I interviewed with Midwestern, no new messages meant you were waitlisted.

Accepted! The checklist showed up on my portal this afternoon and I called admissions to verify. Good luck everyone!
I experience the same thing. Checked my portal around 1:30pm and saw a list of requested documents. I have just called in and got the acceptance confirmed. The admission staff said we can expect a phone call or an email within 2 days. Congrats to you and good luck to everyobe else :)

On 7/14/2017 at 4:50 PM, AZnative91 said:

Hi all,

I saw that people have been sent invitations to interview as little as two days following their completed application. This is my second year applying to Midwestern; I was waitlisted for an interview within three days last cycle. I have yet to hear anything this cycle, however. I received the email that my application was under review on June 3. Anyone in the same boat? I am starting to feel a bit discouraged.

I know how you feel. My application was complete and they said it was under review as of May 19, and I have yet to hear. I can see that some people have interviewed and been accepted, and I'm starting to lose hope too ?

32 minutes ago, CaitlynD said:

I know how you feel. My application was complete and they said it was under review as of May 19, and I have yet to hear. I can see that some people have interviewed and been accepted, and I'm starting to lose hope too ?

I'm in the same position but try to stay positive! You haven't gotten rejected yet so at this point try to look at it as, no news is good news! 

53 minutes ago, mvick1590 said:

I'm in the same position but try to stay positive! You haven't gotten rejected yet so at this point try to look at it as, no news is good news! 

You're right, thanks. Trying to keep my head up. Not sure if anyone has officially been rejected yet, but glad I haven't been so far. Fingers crossed!!!! ???Good luck to you hope we both get an invite soon! 

Finally got the balls to call them today after my interview last week, waitlisted. For those in a similar situation, the admissions person I talked to said to not really expect any updates or changes in status until December/January when they conclude interviews. Sending good vibes to everyone!

On August 8, 2017 at 2:27 PM, PAtoday said:

For those of you accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance!

cGPA: 3.8

sGPA: 3.9

GRE: 320: Quant-165  Qual- 155

Experience: ~900 hours EMT, ~800 hours Medical Assistant, ~3000 hours of various health related experiences (I worked in a resarch lab that was had a clinical focus)

Leadership: ~3000 hours of a mix of pre-health and athletics

hope that helps! 

On 8/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, mvick1590 said:

What is the format for the interview? I was just curious as I received an invite to their campus in Illinois which utilizes the MMI format. Does anyone know about Midwestern Arizona and how they conduct interviews?

I believe it's still a group interview format at the Glendale campus. The MMI format for the Downer's Grove campus is new. 

2 hours ago, mt0701 said:

For those that have interviewed or if anyone knows, do the PA students take anatomy with the Med/PT students at the Glendale campus like they do at the Downer's Grove campus?

I believe they said during our interview that the PA students take anatomy with PT and CRNA students.

17 minutes ago, sspin123 said:

For those who have interviewed already, any advice for interview day? Mine is scheduled for September 7th and it will be my first interview so any advice is appreciated! And congratulations for those who have been accepted and waitlisted!! You should be very proud:) 

Get there a little early so that you can meet the other interviewees. It's a good chance to relax and get to know the others you will be interviewing with. Dress professionally, but keep in mind you will be going on a campus tour, so make sure what you wear will be comfortable in the heat. The interview itself is a done in a small group. There aren't set questions - they're more based on what your specific experiences and personal statement say. If there are any weaknesses in your experiences, know what they are and be ready to speak to them. 

Overall, relax and be yourself. Your stats got you this far - this is your chance for them to get to know you personally.

Archived