2017-2018 Wake Forest Applicants

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Rinmi said:

Congrats on all those who have been accepted. I will be interviewing on Jan 17th. Any pointers? I'm also looking to enroll in the emerging leaders class. 

I know it sounds cliche, but beyond the normal interview prep (reviewing common questions, having several stories prepared as answers, etc.), I would just recommend being yourself and taking time to relax and get a good night's sleep the night before :) 

The interview day is structured very well. It's wonderful to observe an IBL session and get a better understanding of Wake Forest's curriculum. The staff and students are incredibly friendly and welcoming. It's an awesome experience and an amazing program!

Best of luck on the 17th!!

On 12/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, SMB2882 said:

I interviewed on November 29th and was waitlisted on December 11th. Just curious if anyone else that interviewed that day has heard anything. Congratulations to all those that have been accepted!

Probably not what you were hoping to hear, but I was accepted into the Boone class from this interview date!

To give some hope to others. I interviewed Nov 15th and was put on the waitlist. But Elise called Dec 20th and said that I was accepted. So when they say the waitlist is fluid, they really mean it!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted and good luck to everyone who is on the waitlist. Stay positive and keep in mind how you may better your application and interview skills for next year, if it comes to it.

I don't think I am a pro but I would be happy to share my process and how I prepared.

-Emily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 2:55 PM, knrose said:

When would be a good day to call and inquire about waitlist status?

I emailed with Elise yesterday.  Interviews are not complete yet, as they had to reschedule due to the weather.  Wait list should be finalized by mid February.  Hope this helps!

14 hours ago, cjaooooo said:

Just got accepted to class of 2020 at Winston-Salem!! 

Does anyone know if there's been a Facebook group made yet?

2 hours ago, EMV89 said:

Same! Congrats, I am super excited! I just did a quick search and didn't find a page. I haven't received the official email yet, so maybe it will have something in there otherwise we can def start one!

Did you guys get accepted off the waitlist? Also, congrats!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I was originally wait listed and got a call about 2 weeks ago offering me a place in the Emerging Leaders Program and the Boone campus. I declined yesterday due to accepting at a different program that was an easier transition for my fiancé’s career.

Just wanted to let you know that yes they are making waitlist calls and yes you can be accepted to Emerging Leaders if you’re wait listed! I wish you all the best of luck! I know you all will make OUTSTANDING PA’s. ?

I emailed Elise to inquire about my position on the wait list and she informed me that I'm in the top third of the 100 person wait list. I was under the impression that the wait list was only 30-40 people. Has anyone else received similar information? Also, at this point is it safe to assume that the class has already completely filled up?

I interviewed on January 10th and was waitlisted on January 26th.  I called on February 13th to inquire about my spot on the waitlist.  She told me that I was in the top quarter of 100 students. The very next day I got the call with my acceptance into the program for the Winston-Salem Campus. She told me that some days the waitlist doesn't move at all and some days it can move by about 3 students.  She told me that they have accepted students off the waitlist right up until classes start which will be May 30th this year.  Good luck to everyone else still waiting on acceptances. 

Archived