2017-2018 Wake Forest Applicants

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2017 at 7:22 PM, Rinny said:

I know this is late notice, but would anyone interviewing on Nov 15th be interested in meeting up for food or a drink on Tuesday night? I saw people organizing similar meetups on some of the other school forums and it sounds like a great idea!

Hi @Rinny I would be interested in meeting up. I'll send you a message and we can see if anyone else wants to meet up too!

I got my rejection yesterday, as well. However, I've already been accepted by my "dream" school. Good luck y'all!

Hope this helps someone some how:

Timeline: CASPA verified 6/28/17 and Supplemental received 7/26/17

Stats: GPA- 3.32, Science 3.2, 3.8 last 60 credits

GRE- 304/4.0

HCE- 250 EMT, 2700 Scribe (ER and pulmonary), 1 week missions trip to Belize running a mobile clinic, 100 hours volunteering in general surgery

Research- 3 years at Mayo Clinic resulting in a trip to CHEST conference and publication

Extracurriculars - 250 volunteer hours (non-medical), numerous leadership positions (biology honor society, chemistry, fraternity, etc.), 4 year collegiate football player, etc etc.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:30 PM, ms1213 said:

I just called Elise and found out that I have been waitlisted. Does anyone know how often people get taken off the waitlist? Or when they start calling waitlisted applicants to offer acceptances? This is my dream school and all I want is to get in.

@ms1213 When did you interview? Also, I'm sorry, I hope you get off the waitlist!

On 11/20/2017 at 7:40 PM, PAstriker said:

Alright guys, I made a Winston-Salem campus Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1679203945444304/

Sweet! I just found it. (After I created one, too...DOH!) 

On 11/21/2017 at 4:30 PM, ms1213 said:

I just called Elise and found out that I have been waitlisted. Does anyone know how often people get taken off the waitlist? Or when they start calling waitlisted applicants to offer acceptances? This is my dream school and all I want is to get in.

I want to say they said 30%, but that may have been a different school... Good luck!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, MLWernle said:

I just got called for an interview Jan 10 at Winston Salem campus. Anyone else coming that day? I'm staying with friends, but I can meet up somewhere. I'm flying in from NY. 

I will be interviewing Jan 10th as well. Looking forward to meeting you!

Archived