Jump to content

2017-2018 Wake Forest Applicants

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hopefulpa17 said:

Not sure if anyone would know, but I welcome any advice: I have finished my supplemental, but I am currently taking Med Term. The application will not allow me to insert anything for the pre req section. Think its okay to submit anyways?

as long as your caspa says your med term course is in progress I am pretty sure it will be ok. Make sure and keep your CASPA updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nope, I still haven't gotten it. I submitted CASPA on May 30th. Maybe they just haven't gotten to it yet… Last year I got it right away, but I also applied later (August). 


I finally got the supplemental today!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2017 at 10:14 AM, sunshinestar said:

Has anyone been able to find the differences between the Boone campus and the Winston-Salem campus? (for the supplemental)

I went to school in Boone and can you tell you the class size is much smaller, as stated on the website. But this also provides a more close knit group, as they generally all stay together in the dorms for the anatomy block in Winston. The community in Boone is great and there is a lot of hiking available, however being in the mountains there can be a lot of snow and rain. Boone is also much smaller compared to Winston Salem. Hope this helps!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 10:16 AM, hopefulpa17 said:

Not sure if anyone would know, but I welcome any advice: I have finished my supplemental, but I am currently taking Med Term. The application will not allow me to insert anything for the pre req section. Think its okay to submit anyways?

Hey I'm in the same boat with Biochem. I tried emailing and calling the admissions office but haven't heard back. Did you just go ahead and submit your supplemental?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, sarahelhamilton said:

Hey I'm in the same boat with Biochem. I tried emailing and calling the admissions office but haven't heard back. Did you just go ahead and submit your supplemental?

Yes, I went ahead and submitted. I figured they can view my transcripts and figure it out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any difficulties with their secondary payment? I keep getting "error" when I try and pay. If your payment went through can someone provide was browser they used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to the supplement, is there a word count/limit for the question about which campus we would prefer? I know the other questions said 2500 characters or less but I was wondering whether there was a suggestion for this question as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My supplemental was finished 7/26/17. Anyone hear anything back yet? Also, does anyone know how out of state applicants fair? I selected no preference for campus (I honestly would love either location), does anyone know if that will help or hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody :) I was wondering what the supplemental application looks like? I am running low on funds and getting extreme burnout from doing supplementals so I'm trying to prioritize what other schools to apply to and if I have time to do this application by the August 1st priority deadline. Thanks in advance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, ndiehl87 said:

My supplemental was finished 7/26/17. Anyone hear anything back yet? Also, does anyone know how out of state applicants fair? I selected no preference for campus (I honestly would love either location), does anyone know if that will help or hurt?

I, too, selected no preference. I'm not sure how WF will view that, but I feel they would view it as a good thing, as they could place you where they feel like you would do best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:03 AM, TheRunningSloth said:

Hi everybody :) I was wondering what the supplemental application looks like? I am running low on funds and getting extreme burnout from doing supplementals so I'm trying to prioritize what other schools to apply to and if I have time to do this application by the August 1st priority deadline. Thanks in advance :)

Hi! The supplemental application has 8 "short answer" questions with a 2500 character limit, but to me they seemed more like essays. You also have to pick a campus preference and explain it. This supplemental definitely took me the longest out of the six that I completed. If you have nothing to do today, then I think you could get it done if you want. I was able to use bits and pieces of some of my other supplemental essays, but not entirely. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a call for an interview! The first day offered for interviews is on September 13th but I will be interviewing on September 27th

Submitted CASPA: 6/12
Secondary submitted: 7/10


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, medlabscientist said:

Does anyone know if we don't answer the interview call if they will leave us a voicemail? My phone got wet and isn't working, so I am working on getting another one but it will be several days.

I missed the call and was left a voicemail! I'll also be there on September 27!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sel1226 said:

I missed the call and was left a voicemail! I'll also be there on September 27!

Did you receive an email with all of the information about the interview yet? The lady who called told me I would receive one but did not get it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sunshinestar said:

Did you receive an email with all of the information about the interview yet? The lady who called told me I would receive one but did not get it..

She told me they're still finalizing details so it most likely won't go out until Monday!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PAstriker said:

@sel1226 @medlabscientist@sunshinestar will you guys share credentials or when you submitted!! also congrats!!!

Hi PAstriker! I haven't received a call about interviews yet, I was just concerned that I would get passed by if I missed multiple calls, since my phone wasn't working. But my CASPA was verified on 06/12, I received the supplemental from WF on 06/29, and submitted it on 07/23. I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill, my cumulative undergrad GPA is 3.84, my cumulative undergrad science GPA is 3.87, and my post graduate GPA is 4.0. My GRE scores are V:152/Q:162/W:4.0. I'm hoping to get a call soon!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PAstriker said:

@sel1226 @medlabscientist@sunshinestar will you guys share credentials or when you submitted!! also congrats!!!

CASPA submitted: 6/12

Supplemental submitted: 7/10

Interview call: 8/18

Interview date: 10/27

cGPA: 3.98/sGPA: 3.99

GRE: V150, Q160, AW4.5

PCE: over 2,000 hours as a Patient Care Assistant, Athletic training aide and volunteer medical assistant - still working as a PCA and volunteer medical assistant

Volunteer: over 1,000 hours (mostly long term things) in many different fields, including an internship and at multiple hospitals

Shadowing: over 100 hours between 2 PAs, 1 NP, 1 MD, 2 DPMs and 3 paramedics in EMS

Multiple leadership positions in different extracurricular activities

Graduated from UF with a bachelor of health science

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More