2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, er2018 said:

Congrats to those accepted! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I got my letter of acceptance yesterday.

sGPA: 3.48

cGPA: 3.71

Bachelors in Cultural Anthropology

GRE Verbal: 162

GRE Quantitative: 161

GRE Writing: 5.0

EMT experience: 1440

Shadowing: 76 with PAs, 4 with a CRNP, and 124 with DOs

Volunteer: 332

LORs: 1 from a volunteer coordinator, 1 from a paramedic supervisor at work, and 1 from the paramedic I worked along side.

If anyone wants any more info feel free to message me

On 7/28/2017 at 10:17 AM, er2018 said:

Congrats to those accepted! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Interviewed the 14th too and got my acceptance letter late last week!

Approx 550 hrs as a PCT, 200 hrs as an Orthopedic Tech (current)

Approx 800 hours volunteer/comm service

80 hours shadowing - 3 PAs in diff specialties, 1 doctor

cgpa 3.40

sgpa 3.66

GRE v 161 | q 154 | writing 4.5

21 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

For those that interviewed at the Glenside campus, do ya'll have suggestions/tips on how to prepare for the interview? It is only 15 minutes and I want to give it all I got! Was it mostly traditional style questions?

And what was occurring when you weren't in the 15 min interview?

Just make sure that you really know about the program and what they stand for! For example, since they are really study abroad oriented, think of a story you could tell that relates to this topic. The interview was SO laid back and was mainly traditional, so don't stress too much.

4 hours ago, futurePAinPA23 said:

Just make sure that you really know about the program and what they stand for! For example, since they are really study abroad oriented, think of a story you could tell that relates to this topic. The interview was SO laid back and was mainly traditional, so don't stress too much.

Adding on to this, make sure you know what questions you want to ask. This is the perfect opportunity to get to know the school and the faculty in depth.

Get to know yourself well and what you can bring to the program. Don't sell yourself short because if you have an interview they definitely see something in you.

The questions were traditional and the type you would expect. I believe mine were more situational based but they have read over your application and tailor the questions to you. 

While we weren't interviewing we were given a group presentation on the program and financial aid, met with some of the current students (we talked to them while others were interviewing) and given lunch and a campus tour.

Archived