2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/25/2017 at 7:43 PM, connorfinklea said:

I got a call to interview on July 11th as well! Where is everybody coming from? I'm flying out from Utah. 

Got a call but I'm interviewing on July 13th! Flying from WA state, hope yours goes great! 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, bowlerpenguin12 said:

Just received a call for an interview at the Glenside campus today! 

I missed the call so I haven't heard back for which dates yet.

Has anyone else received an invite for the PA campus specifically?

I have and was given the option of interviewing on July 13 or August 23. I chose the latter.

26 minutes ago, sskebba said:

For those who have gotten interviews, would any of you mind putting your stats? 

Undergrad Ed School: Western Washington University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.57
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.62

Age at application time : 22

GRE: V 159 Q 159 W 4.0

HCE : 1250 hours as a scribe for a private practice and ER 

Hope you hear from them soon! 

5 minutes ago, summerellefson said:

Did they leave a voicemail, or send an email as well? I broke my phone for a couple of days and I am stressed that I may have missed a call because I feel I am a strong candidate. 

Also for those who received interview invitations, when were you verified?

They called and left a voicemail. I called them back the next day and never received an email from them until after I confirmed the interview time on the phone. 

May 19th! 

Had to switch my date to August 23. Anyone else interviewing that day??

last year it was only one 15-20 min interview with a faculty member 

i have BS in bio, cum gpa- 3.4, science gpa- 3.4, gre: v- 153, q- 157, w- 4.5, ~7,000 hours split between orderly and cna. 

On 6/22/2017 at 7:59 PM, ankiss34 said:

Congrats!

Did you apply to Glenside or DE?

I applied to both. I've only heard from DE campus. Does anyone know if you have to interview at both separately or does the admission committee consider you for both?  

I also received an interview invite for the Glenside campus earlier this week! For those of you who asked about stats:

• Cumulative GPA- 3.96
  • Science GPA- 3.93
  • HCE (156: medical mission trip and hospital volunteer), PCE (600 medical assistant, 200 home health aide, 100 personal care aide, and accumulating more as a full time medical assistant at a dermatology practice!)

I can't wait to meet everyone! :)

On 6/28/2017 at 9:41 PM, sskebba said:

For those who have gotten interviews, would any of you mind putting your stats? 

cGPA: 3.68 (Last 60 credits: 3.84)

sGPA: 3.59 (Last 60 credits: 3.82)

GRE: V: 154 Q: 158 A.W: 4.0

PCE (at time of application): 900 hrs as CNA at extended care facility

HCE: around 120 hrs doing volunteer work in hospital as well as being a research assistant in a ED in Detroit

A ton of volunteer/community service, extracurricular, and leadership expereince.

18 hours ago, rachric23 said:

Had to switch my date to August 23. Anyone else interviewing that day??

last year it was only one 15-20 min interview with a faculty member 

i have BS in bio, cum gpa- 3.4, science gpa- 3.4, gre: v- 153, q- 157, w- 4.5, ~7,000 hours split between orderly and cna. 

I am interviewing on the 23rd! I wonder if the interview will be similar to last years.

6 hours ago, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

I am interviewing on the 23rd! I wonder if the interview will be similar to last years.

When I spoke to Corrine she did tell me it would be the same.  If I remember correctly the chair came and spoke to us about the program along with financial aid and a few other faculty, then there was Q & A with some current students, we did a tour around the campus and interviews were last.  Not sure if that order will be the same, but she did say the interview format is. 

Just got my rejection letter a couple of days ago. I thought I was a strong applicant, but apparently not!  I can't imagine how fierce the competition must be this cycle.

Best of luck to the rest of you, and congrats to those who have been invited :)! 

Archived