Fishy clause in contract?

Hey all. I’ve come across a clause in my contract that states “APC further agrees APC shall pay all fees and costs necessary for enforcement of this Agreement, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs.”

I’m not 100% comfortable with the language of this statement and I was wondering if anybody with experience can shed some light on this matter. Does it mean if for whatever reason we come to a disagreement, that I’d be legally liable for costs attorneys’ fees for my employer as well?

Thank you!

Thanks for your input. I've recently negotiated to have more professional fees covered in my contract. So they updated the contract to include a section saying they'd pay a certain amount as kind of a sign on bonus. This sentence was just thrown in the middle of a paragraph and referred to "Agreement" which applies to the entire contract, and not just this sign on bonus. Maybe I should just cough up the money for a contract lawyer.

Update: They were willing to work with me and remove that sentence from the contract. Thanks again, everybody!

Archived