Recommendations for Medical Terminology Books

Hi everyone,

My program will be starting in about 2.5 months. It has been a while since I have taken medical terminology. Would anyone kindly recommend any helpful medical terminology books for me to read before I start the program? I want to be able to hit the lectures without feeling too overwhelmed of any possible foreign language and utilize the time there absorbing and understanding rather than being confused over terms.

Thanks!

A great med terms book is Exploring Medical Language by LaFleur and Brooks. Gives a nice breakdown of essential word roots, diagnostic terms, abbreviations, surgical terms, diseases, etc. for each system. It also covers words not built from word parts which is very helpful. Also gives you some practice reading mock diagnostic reports.

Another book that I enjoyed reading was Clinical Pathophysiology Made Ridiculously Simple

• 2 years later...