VIRGINIA: South University - Richmond 2017-2018 cycle

Good luck to whomever may get my seat. I have withdrawn my acceptance for a school I can better afford. I have high hopes for South and wish you all the best. 

Congrats to everyone admitted so far can't wait to meet everyone! Also, don't get discouraged if you are still on the waitlist, they pull a lot of people off. If anyone has any questions about where to live, the area, etc. let me know! I'm not sure if our coordinator has reached out to you and I know we had someone helping our class with housing. 

8 hours ago, RVAStudent said:

Congrats to everyone admitted so far can't wait to meet everyone! Also, don't get discouraged if you are still on the waitlist, they pull a lot of people off. If anyone has any questions about where to live, the area, etc. let me know! I'm not sure if our coordinator has reached out to you and I know we had someone helping our class with housing. 

I haven’t heard anything about housing but I would be very interested in that and also advice on financial aide! 

On 11/14/2017 at 6:08 PM, hannahleigh1223 said:

I haven’t heard anything about housing but I would be very interested in that and also advice on financial aide! 

At some point in the near future, you should be able to discuss financial aide with Michael. He will help you plan what you need to take and how to do it. Do that after you have signed and submitted your acceptance. I would assume they will schedule that with you, but you could always call. To get the ball rolling, you can start on your FAFSA. 

A Couple people have asked about housing... Here's a copied message for what I told other people!

Hello!

Yes there are many places that are affordable near campus. So, Henrico as a whole is a little expensive but you can for sure find places. The most common places that we moved....

-The Flats: walking distance from the school right in West Broad Village

- The Madison: about 5-8 minute drive from school

- King's Crossing ( a little farther but a little cheaper)

-Retreat at West Creek (a little more pricey but quiet and big two bedrooms)

- You can always look downtown, however, for the first year I would consider being a little closer to school.

- We have a couple people living in the houses right next to campus, they found someone to rent from though.

I would say typically you are looking at rent around (500-750 each in a two bedroom) (900-1,500 One bedroom apartment)

Make sure you ask for Student discounts, sometimes the Flats will give you a deal if they know you are South. Also if you pick any of these places sent me a message, I might be able to get you a referral for cheaper rent from someone in the class already!

Hey everyone!

I was accepted to South earlier this year and look forward to meeting you all!  I actually already live in Richmond so if any of you have questions about housing, location, or Richmond in general feel free to ask and I'd be happy to help out!

Wow congratulations @CarolineJ ! I saw your comment above asking about pulling people from the wait list. I've been checking this thread like crazy. I am remaining hopeful still too. Thanks to everyone who has shared their journey applying to this program! 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted already! I am on the wait list and I am still very hopeful to get pulled off soon, South University is my top choice. Did anyone who interviewed on October 13th get pulled off the wait list? Thanks for your help in advance! 

Hey guys! At our interview we were told that most of the week you will be required to wear business clothes or scrubs. I would like to start shopping since seasonal sales are starting. Does anyone know if they are picky about pants vs skirts vs dresses for girls business wear? I know most office jobs can wear anything but I also know since we are in school and might be working with varying medical equipment they might want our legs covered. Any current students that can answer this for me?