VIRGINIA: South University - Richmond 2017-2018 cycle

On 9/15/2017 at 10:22 AM, pa17 said:

How does interview format work? I heard its one on one interview, group interview, and essay - is that correct? My interview is October 13th, so I just wanted to make sure. Also, is the essay a typical 5 paragraph response or could it be less?

Congrats to all candidates that got accepted!

It's hard to say what kind of response you can give on the essay since we don't see each other's work and you don't see what they are accepting. The best I can tell you is to answer completely. You get one full page, so use it to the best of your ability. I doubt anyone is judging the length or format of your work. Just be organized in your thoughts and answer the question. Paragraphs are just separations of complete thoughts, so it's based on how many parts there are to the question you are given.

Also, don't let the group interview or anything worry you. It's relatively casual. I lucked out and had my one on one before anything else, but I felt pretty comfortable most of the day. I've had interviews where they would purposefully try to make you uncomfortable or stressed out to see how you react (even though it's a completely false judge of character) and it was nothing like that at South. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2017 at 1:24 PM, pa17 said:

To those accepted, what areas did you like about the school/program?

Thank you in advance!

When I first arrived, I liked the campus. Parking is easily accessible. Amenities are close by. The building is nice with plenty of new learning tools. There is a cadaver lab available. The faculty that I spoke to were down to earth and seemed to receive my questions well regarding the program. I was overall the most comfortable in the interview at south compared to every other interview I've been to. The students were all happy to be students there as the 1st cohort. I did not find anything not to like besides the accreditation issue of the university which seems to be nothing to worry about. 

Just to give you all an update on this since it is a concern for all of us.

The dean has just informed us that the sale will be finalized by the end of this week. They were waiting on approval by the Department of Education and it has been confirmed. We were told that it should not be an issue at all and the school is very happy with finalizing this sale.

Hope this helps! :) 

On 10/5/2017 at 9:49 AM, EastCoastPAapplicant said:

Has anyone received the enrollment instructions yet? Back in July they said we would get everything this week.

No enrollment instructions yet, but I did receive an email today for starting the financial aid process. 

Got an email from South asking if I wanted to remain on the waitlist. I'm assuming that they're trying to shorten the waitlist so they don't offer a seat to someone who has already been accepted elsewhere.  I think this might mean that the waitlist is rolling.  Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist hoping for that phone call!

Archived