VIRGINIA: South University - Richmond 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tcm123 said:

Congrats man I just got the call too!!!!!!

Going to put it on you letting me sit in your car before the interviews haha can't wait to see everyone in January!

Haha, I think some of your luck rubbed off on me. 

See you soon brother

29 minutes ago, Vdesai5 said:

Anyone who got an interview, do you have any advice/tips? and was the writing portion hard? I'm a terrible writer :(

Know the big five ethical principles of being a healthcare provider! I think  just unless you write something terribly wrong and are able to put a sentence together you should be fine, i wouldn't stress about it too much, it wasn't bad :)

I have a question about the interview.. I know a lot of programs have "unbiased" interviews where they don't look at your application, grades, GPA, experience, etc. before conducting the interview. With these unbiased interviews, admission, rejection, or waitlist status are all determined solely by how your interview scores. Is this how South University does it? I couldn't find specific information about this on the website. 

6 minutes ago, kmart341 said:

I have a question about the interview.. I know a lot of programs have "unbiased" interviews where they don't look at your application, grades, GPA, experience, etc. before conducting the interview. With these unbiased interviews, admission, rejection, or waitlist status are all determined solely by how your interview scores. Is this how South University does it? I couldn't find specific information about this on the website. 

Nope! My interviewer asked me a bunch of things from my application 

6 minutes ago, kmart341 said:

Okay, good to know! What kind of questions, if you don't mind me asking? 

For my interview at least they just asked me about my experiences (Costa rica, windsurfing, powerlifting etc). I only got one "why do you want to be a PA" question, I know everyone says this ha but it really seemed like they just wanted to get to know you as a person 

11 minutes ago, tcm123 said:

For my interview at least they just asked me about my experiences (Costa rica, windsurfing, powerlifting etc). I only got one "why do you want to be a PA" question, I know everyone says this ha but it really seemed like they just wanted to get to know you as a person 

Okay, that's helpful! Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, CWHEE3 said:

How long after you all received the confirmation that they had your application did you find out about interviewing? 

Received confirmation 8/2 and just waiting to hear back.

I received a confirmation email on 06/15 and got an interview invite for August 11th on 07/06. Good luck to you! 

Archived