VIRGINIA: South University - Richmond 2017-2018 cycle

I got an interview coming up here on Friday, June 9.  I'll be coming from San Francisco.  Hope to see some of you there.

I have an interview on the 30th, good luck with yours and I'd love to know it goes! 

I have an interview on June 9th as well! Can't wait!

I have an interview on the 30th, I would love to know how yours goes! 

• Upvote 1

Hey all!

I'm a current PA student at South University and I would be happy to answer any questions you all may have. Congratulations on getting interviews! I won't be there this Friday but I know some of my fellow classmates will be. Get excited!

If it's anything like my interview, then you have nothing to worry about. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Be prepared to talk about the PA profession (what's the role of PAs in our healthcare system?), why you chose PA, why this program, and most importantly, be yourself! I remember hearing this a lot when I went for interviews and I was still a nervous wreck, so really, it's still okay to be nervous but be excited at the same time! We are excited to have you here and tell you about our program.

What I'll say for now is that this program is intense. Be prepared to spend a lot of time studying and reviewing for exams. We have a great co-hort who come from different backgrounds. There is a great sense of support and we help each other out as much as we can. The faculty is great. They really listen to us as we get through this first year of PA school. The best part of this program, in my opinion, is cadaver lab. It is by far my favorite part of PA school. Make sure you ask about it if you have more questions.

You can message me if you have any specific questions. Finals week starts on Monday so I will try check this when I can. Also, it would be nice to wish my classmates good luck this Friday, just saying :)  

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I was waitlisted and hoping for good news as well!

Just to let everyone know, they are extending ~250 interviews for 36 spots with 8-9 interview sessions in total!

• Upvote 1

No. There was a first round of interview on June 9th. You should be hearing from them soon.

Dang that's early. Good luck! Im hoping to get an interview.

I was also accepted on the 13th. I loved this school--I am biased though. Did my undergrad at VCU, so I've been in RVA for about 5 years now. Live in the fan. Let me know if you have any questions about the area!

• Upvote 1

I  have an interview tomorrow, can't wait to meet everyone! Congrats to those already accepted and good luck to everyone else applying, super excited for this program!

12 hours ago, bapa15 said:

To anyone who has already interviewed, what interview style does this program use?

Pretty short 1 on 1, a group interview, and a 20 minute writing sample 

• Upvote 1

Accepted on June 13th after interviewing on June 9th! Would love to get in touch with other people that have been accepted since the class Facebook page doesn't open until October. Good luck to everyone interviewing. It is an incredible program!

• Upvote 2